Next years pathetic schedule

Advertisement
Saturday
Sep. 5
Temple Football ScheduleTemple Owls Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Sep. 12
Wagner Football ScheduleWagner Seahawks Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Sep. 19
UAB Football ScheduleUAB Blazers Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Saturday
Sep. 26
Michigan State Football Scheduleat Michigan State Spartans Spartan Stadium, East Lansing, MITime TBA ETTV TBA
2020 ACC Games - Dates TBA
Date TBAGeorgia Tech Football Scheduleat Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Bobby Dodd Stadium, Atlanta, GATime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBADuke Football ScheduleDuke Blue Devils Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAFlorida State Football ScheduleFlorida State Seminoles Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBANorth Carolina Football ScheduleNorth Carolina Tar Heels Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAPitt Football SchedulePitt Panthers Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FLTime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAVirginia Cavaliers Football Scheduleat Virginia Cavaliers Scott Stadium, Charlottesville, VATime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAVirginia Tech Football Scheduleat Virginia Tech Hokies Lane Stadium, Blacksburg, VATime TBA ETTV TBA
Date TBAWake Forest Football Scheduleat Wake Forest Demon Deacons BB&T Field, Winston-Salem, NC
First 3 games won't tell us anything about how good the Canes are but unfortunately I see another 9-4 campaign
We back!!!!!!! We ain't losing.....

Go Canes!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Schedule will be harder than it appears beyond the first 3 games but I think we should do pretty well next year depending on how we finish this season out
Can you elaborate?

not disagreeing just curious

we always struggle with middle of the road ACC teams so...

Three losses at the end. We suck in cold weather, that super genius Blake must have made this schedule.
I don,t think I have ever heard of Wagner. Is that in the United States.... LMAO

You know Temple wants to make a statement against Manny. They aren’t necessarily a pushover game. Also, @MSU will be tough if our offense plays like the first half of the year.

Advertisement
What's with the the three ****** games in a row on the road to end a season. Is it just me or has scheduling been exceptionally ****** the past 3 to 4 years?

Advertisement
Advertisement
While Wagner is a little embarassing, the schedule isn't as weak as it may first appear. It's likely just what a young QB & OL needs to continue to grow.

Imagine if the schedule was like 1988 (see pic below). I loved the play anyone, anywhere, anytime mentality when we were perenially ranked in the Top 5. It doesn't work so well when you're still losing to marginal teams.

Here's the schedule from 1988:

1) FSU was a very stout team. Yes, we destroyed them in the season opener in the OB but that FSU team was ranked #1 in the pre-season and featured Deion Sanders (NFL HOFer), Sammie Smith & many other FSU legends.

2) Michigan was a very strong program under Bo Schembechler and ranked #15. Playing on the road in the Big House against that physical Michigan team was a serious test. We pulled out the W in one of my favorite Canes games of all time (nothing embodied refusing to lose more than the last few minutes of that game -- scoring TDs, recovering an onside kick etc). You should watch it if you were too young to see it. We won 31-30 & the crowd in the Big House was stunned.

3) Notre Dame (while hated by Canes fans) was a very good program under Lou Holtz and ranked #4 when we played them in their house. They had many big time recruits including Raghib Ismail (the Rocket), Tony Rice at QB, a great TE and very solid OL & DL. We were robbed in the game (bogus call on Cleveland Gary). It was a stern test.

4) LSU was ranked #11. We absolutely boat-raced them in another tough away game (44-3). LSU fans were hostile. I had a great time watching all the toothless redn_cks crying over the beatdown we put on them.

5) Arkansas was ranked #8. Tight game

6) Nebraska was ranked #6 (Orange Bowl Game).

On the flip side, Wisconsin was terrible in 1988 (1-10 record). Mizzou was pretty weak too that year.

How would you feel about this Miami team playing a schedule next year featuring teams ranked #1, #15, #4, #6, #8 (three of those on the road)?

G
Date
School
Opponent
Conf
Pts
Opp
W
L
T
Notes
1​
Sep 3, 1988(6) Miami, FL(1) Florida StateIndepW
31​
0​
1​
0​
0​
2​
Sep 17, 1988(1) Miami, FL@(15) MichiganBig 10W
31​
30​
2​
0​
0​
3​
Sep 24, 1988(1) Miami, FLWisconsinBig 10W
23​
3​
3​
0​
0​
4​
Oct 1, 1988(1) Miami, FLMissouriBig 8W
55​
0​
4​
0​
0​
5​
Oct 15, 1988(1) Miami, FL@(4) Notre DameIndepL
30​
31​
4​
1​
0​
6​
Oct 22, 1988(4) Miami, FLCincinnatiIndepW
57​
3​
5​
1​
0​
7​
Oct 29, 1988(4) Miami, FL@East CarolinaIndepW
31​
7​
6​
1​
0​
8​
Nov 5, 1988(3) Miami, FLTulsaIndepW
34​
3​
7​
1​
0​
9​
Nov 19, 1988(3) Miami, FL@(11) LSUSECW
44​
3​
8​
1​
0​
10​
Nov 26, 1988(3) Miami, FL(8) ArkansasSWCW
18​
16​
9​
1​
0​
11​
Dec 3, 1988(2) Miami, FLBrigham YoungWACW
41​
17​
10​
1​
0​
12​
Jan 2, 1989(2) Miami, FL(6) NebraskaBig 8W
23​
3​
11​
1​
0​
Orange Bowl

Attachments

• 1988 Schedule MIAMI, FL.jpg
    1988 Schedule MIAMI, FL.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 0
If I’m not mistaken, all the ACC games are TBA for the date so that doesn’t mean that’s the order our ACC games will be played. It’s announced early next year. Hard for me to imagine they would schedule us 3 away games to end the year
Yea it didn't make sense either but we we are on the road 4 out of our last or 5 or 3 out of the last 5(FIU).

Advertisement
Back