Next Year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mcd was the best lineman on the team before he got hurt imo... so you bring him back also, trust me i wouldnt mind flowers staying at all

We can agree that the expectations of the team are going to be alot higher next year we were ranked i believe 35th in the country coming into this year

Advertisement
You think we lose more games with a better team? Id be shocked if we did not win atleast 9 games going into next year expectations will be higher than going into this year, the only spot we seem light in is linebacker **** i wish eddie and figs were still around.
The defense will be better it improved a ton this year with no depth and the offense will be better also

To be honest nothing surprises me with Golden, I mean with the talent he had this year he should've had more than 6 wins at best 9 or not 6 wins for that the man rightly deserves to be fired.

Advertisement
You think we lose more games with a better team? Id be shocked if we did not win atleast 9 games going into next year expectations will be higher than going into this year, the only spot we seem light in is linebacker **** i wish eddie and figs were still around.
The defense will be better it improved a ton this year with no depth and the offense will be better also

And how many games did you expect us to win this year? Did you make a similar "I'd be shocked" prediction in August? I bet it was more than 6 games.

Bottom line: you're hopeful of improvement, as most fans are. But the evidence of us actually being better is unsupported speculation. You dismiss the loss of our best player as essentially no big deal. That alone, eviscerates any plausibility your prediction might have had.

And what makes you think Stacey is going to return to his freshman form? Isn't it just as likely - if not more so - that he is equally unproductive next year as he was this year? His body language was terrible throughout the season; he was visibly frustrated with his head down rather than looking like a receiver who expected to dominate opponents.

Even his freshman year has been overblown. He had a few good special teams returns against lowly opponents. And an unbelievable highlight reel run against Pitt. But he was not a guy that was consistently open on standard WR routes throughout his freshman season. We all hope he becomes the WR we anticipated out of high school, but he's not even close to reaching that potential yet.

Someone needs to go lay a bag full of $$ at Lorenzo Phillips feet and we will be in much better shape at LB. How pitiful is it, that with the talent we had, we won 6 games. One being Ark. St. It can be nothing other than coaching. Al Golden coaching lost the fsu game. If we don't get a Special Team coach, we will lose 6 games next year. Every kickoff the opposing team starts at their 40 yd. line, at least. no season tix for me.

Last edited:
Mcd was the best lineman on the team before he got hurt imo... so you bring him back also, trust me i wouldnt mind flowers staying at all

We can agree that the expectations of the team are going to be alot higher next year we were ranked i believe 35th in the country coming into this year

If you think that true Fr KC McDermott was our best OLineman on the team this year before he got hurt even though he never started, then you just proved how little you know about this game.

Do yourself a favor and leave the football talk to people who actually watch the games, b/c KC McDermott never started a game, yet you call him our best OLineman over someone like Flowers who is a 2nd rounder as a Jr.

You don't know ****.

Uh no. We can't agree that expectations will be higher. Expectations will be that this coaching staff will lose to every team with a pulse and drop a couple to teams with lesser talent. 4 wins.

Think about this. Golden was won 28 games in 4 years (7/year - let that sink in). How many of those wins were due to Duke pretty much winning the game for us? 14 or 15? Well that guy's gone next year.

How do you feel about next year now?

There is no silver lining.

There is no light at the end of the tunnel.

Advertisement
It doesn't matter who we have on our DLine. No DLineman has looked good since Golden got here. More holding the point of attack and playing on their heels. More mediocre results.

How improved are we going to be? And with the way the schedule works out and kayaa now taking a leadership role on the team which is important 9-10 wins is automatic

Key losses - duke
replace - yearby gus dex walton scar, we dont lose much at all

Qb - obvious hugeeee upgrade kayaa with experiene and now a leader

Wr/te - lose clive replace with stan who is more talented not yet a polished

Wr- lose phil
If stacy can play half of what he did as a frosh added to that all the other weapons and we look good experience gained

Oline - lose flowers no big deal not worried about this bunch at all

Defense

DL - lose chick lol huge upgrade get aqm player develop we got to redshirt some kids dline alot better

Lb - big loss perryman
figs kills us here we need someone to step up grace looks ready owens someone this position is a concern

Secondary- huge upgrades plus more experience the seconday can only be better

Things are looking bright right now keep the class in tact we have a big time qb havent been this amped for a canes season in a while should be the best team we field in years

Lost me at this part

This is the first time that I think it doesn't matter how much talent we have. We will not perform anywhere near our talent level.

I just can't get past the coaching staff, because it is the limiting factor. We had the talent to get to the ACCCG this year, and we will have enough next year. But, we won't get there with this staff.

We just lost 6 games with Duke, Denzel, Dorsett and all the rest who will be gone next year. Yeah, no way we win more than 7 with these coaches.

Advertisement
^^ i dont agree at all the driver last year was working on his permit and while put up alot of stats that were just that stats made alot of costly mistakes the made the car not run well

you talking about this stat....6-6? because that is the only stat that matters. or that flaky stats about "money downs". Ag will never win here and will not improve...he is stubborn and unwilling to make changes in anything he does. It will be a glorious site to see him get fired when ever that **** happens. It is going to be awesome to have him face his failure

OP has a PhD in stupidity and a masters in sucking northeastern cack

Advertisement
Like i said were werent even ranked in the top 30 coming into this year, coley didnt have 1 td this not one i have to think that his and kayaa relationship will get better as kayaa takes on the leadership role for this team

And yes i believe mcd was the best lineman

At best we were and 8 win team this year next year we will be ranked higher

Like i said were werent even ranked in the top 30 coming into this year, coley didnt have 1 td this not one i have to think that his and kayaa relationship will get better as kayaa takes on the leadership role for this team

And yes i believe mcd was the best lineman

At best we were and 8 win team this year next year we will be ranked higher

you gotta tell AG to trim the pubes...they blinding you

We just lost 6 games with Duke, Denzel, Dorsett and all the rest who will be gone next year. Yeah, no way we win more than 7 with these coaches.

All the rest that are going to be gone? So you think we wont be expected to do better next year we started the season with a kid right out of high school
phil is easily replaced also

Although the D is not where we want it to be, can't say we didn't improve. With AQM and R.Jenkins returning...Chad Thomas, Demetris Jackson and Trent Taylor receiving more playtime...the red shirts and incoming impact Freshmen like J.Johnson and possibly Tim Irvin....the defense should definitely get better even with AG and D'No running it. Kaaya will be more experienced and comfortable in the pocket to allow him to truly utilize all his weapons rather that mostly just the TE. Yearby should be improved, a year removed from injury and the 2015 rb class will have miami deep at the position. Should Def improve....

WHO THE HECK IS TRENT TAYLOR???

I thought I knew the team well. Is this JC xfer, or did someone go through ole name change thing like Nigel ? & Patrick ?

What position does he play and I'll look it up. Um, can't find Trent Taylor on the roster.

Somebody help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back