Next steps after RB Henry Parrish's departure

View as article
I don't love our RB room on paper but MC recruited these kids to play here and must trust them to perform.

If we're a little young and inexperienced in some spots then live with it and allow the recruits that you've brought here since 2021 to compete with each other for playing time and someone will emerge. Can't develop talent if you don't allow them to play.

We've operated in Win Now every offseason going back to 2021 and have nothing to show for it. Cam Ward is here but that shouldn't mean that we must scramble and try to find an RB1, WR1, DT1, CB1 in the portal. First and second year players are talented, too. We've amassed tons of talent since Mario got here but if Cam McCormick and Thomas Gore are taking meaningful snaps then what good does it do to recruit so well?

At some point people must realize and accept that MC is a bit too portal-happy. He's been quoted this spring talking about going nuts in the portal this summer.....you just brought in 35 new players my dude, and there are fewer than 25 who remain from the 2022 team that went 5-7. Put the phone down and coach these kids up already.

Advertisement
He'll be running into your hearts soon enough.

images

We shouldn't have let Parrish or Chaney go if we weren't confident we would land a high-value-target RB in the portal. That said, I was encouraged to hear Donno on Locked on Canes say that Citizen and Johnson are looking good running with the ones.

Advertisement
Back