Next Opponent Stephen F Austin Lumberjacks.

I know it's early, but this team is actually moving the ball. Last year, even in non conference play the ball stuck way too much. You don't need as much talent if you can move the ball because that creates easy scoring opporutunities. Like I said in the season preview thread, I think this team is better than last year's team post Brown injury but that's obviously assuming Huell is reinstated. If this team can continue to move the ball and let the offense throw and hit threes at a decent rate then we can be a top 5/6 team in the ACC. Love how have the versatility to play small or big. How has no media given any update on Huell yet???

The problem with this OOC schedule is that we aren't learning anything about anything from these games.

Advertisement
The game was a good blowout of a "good mid-major" team. I consider Gonzaga a good mid-major but not SFA. I know, people keep telling me SFA, Lehigh and Bethune-Cookman are picked to win their conference based on pre-season rankings. Those same people tell me that Miami being ranked 10th in the ACC preseason ranking means nothing as Miami always overachieves. Which one is it regarding pre-season ranking?
IF and a big IF it is that all three of these teams make the NCAA tournament, they will make it by winning their conference tournament and not get an at-large bid. Remember Middle Tennessee St last year.
It was a good win as an ACC team should blowout a team from the Southland conference. That mission was accomplished.
More importantly, where was Anthony Mack? I did not see him on the bench and this type of game is important to inexperienced guys like him.

The problem with this OOC schedule is that we aren't learning anything about anything from these games.

I completely agree. It's pathetic. But the fact we are moving the ball better than last year during a bad OOC schedule is encouraging. They very well may stop doing this once the competition gets better but at least they're passing well right now.

Advertisement
Back