Next opponent Bethune Cookman Wildcats

CTCANE

Junior
Was 0-2 coming into tonight but destroyed a very good Trinity Baptist team tonight 104-44. Lost to Depaul by 22 and Marquetee by 33.

Advertisement
Third straight opponent picked to win their league, in this case the MEAC. Shawntrez Davis, 6'9, 220, their All-MEAC Power Forward/Center and Isaiah Bailey, 6'6 Guard will pose the biggest challenges.

Game on the nov 22 (Saturday afternoon) is LaSalle game - actually opens a 3day holiday tourney, might face a decent (but unranked) team in round 2 or 3. Wish Dewan is back by then.

After hearing tonight that Miami's first 3 opponents were all picked to win their league, I'm thinking Coach L's plan is to pad our "Record Against Tournament Teams", in case we finish with a below average record against the ACC tourney teams. The catch is that none of the "tourney teams" we beat before ACC play will likely be higher than a 14 seed. But still a good idea for Selection Sunday in case we're on the bubble. They do look at record against the field. After Saturday we could be 3-0.

Advertisement
We are 35 in BPI, seton hall is 57 and Northwestern is 25. We could play either of them if we beat LaSalle in the 11/22 tourney. Need Dewan for sure. Gak and Zak and Sam are worrisome.

Last edited:
L was answering questions about the horrible OOC schedule in the post-game presser. His answer was basically that top team won't do a home and home against us, so he tries to schedule the top teams from various mid-major conferences. I don't see how SFA is the top team in any conference this year, but whatever.

L was answering questions about the horrible OOC schedule in the post-game presser. His answer was basically that top team won't do a home and home against us, so he tries to schedule the top teams from various mid-major conferences. I don't see how SFA is the top team in any conference this year, but whatever.

They were predicted before they lost 3 of their guys to injuries. I am not sure if they are getting them back before the Conf play starts, but they should look a lot more solid with there guys back.

Advertisement

I have trouble believing this is 100% true as I am sure there has to be some QUALITY team that will do a home and home.

It doesn't have to be the same team every year but there has to be some team: Michigan, UCLA, Oregon, Wisconsin, Providence, Texas etc. That will do a home and home. How about Florida? Florida will play MSU, FSU and Butler. Why can't we get them back on the schedule with some routine?

Finally, at the very least, can we schedule a neutral site game like we did against Providence in Brooklyn? If we did one YEARLY neutral site game and one quality home and home, it would make a tremendous difference.

I have trouble believing this is 100% true as I am sure there has to be some QUALITY team that will do a home and home.

It doesn't have to be the same team every year but there has to be some team: Michigan, UCLA, Oregon, Wisconsin, Providence, Texas etc. That will do a home and home. How about Florida? Florida will play MSU, FSU and Butler. Why can't we get them back on the schedule with some routine?

Finally, at the very least, can we schedule a neutral site game like we did against Providence in Brooklyn? If we did one YEARLY neutral site game and one quality home and home, it would make a tremendous difference.
1000% agreed. And I’m not calling L a liar, but I’m calling bull****. Stanford is playing a home and home vs UNC. West Virginia is playing a home and home vs Virginia Tech. BC is doing home and homes vs Texas A&M and providence. I can go on and on. Why not us, too?

1000% agreed. And I’m not calling L a liar, but I’m calling bull****. Stanford is playing a home and home vs UNC. West Virginia is playing a home and home vs Virginia Tech. BC is doing home and homes vs Texas A&M and providence. I can go on and on. Why not us, too?

Because it isn't true. Especially against conferences who don't send as many teams to the NCAAT as we do.

You don't think the PAC 12 needs some help? Try USC, UCLA, Stanford or Washington.

It doesn't have to be the same team every year but it definitely is possible, if you want it.

I also think a yearly neutral site game would be beneficial.

Because it isn't true. Especially against conferences who don't send as many teams to the NCAAT as we do.

You don't think the PAC 12 needs some help? Try USC, UCLA, Stanford or Washington.

It doesn't have to be the same team every year but it definitely is possible, if you want it.

I also think a yearly neutral site game would be beneficial.
Agreed. We used to attempt this. I remember playing home and homes against Texas A&M, miss state, Memphis, Kentucky. I don’t understand why we stopped. This schedule hurts our seeding in March and hurts fan interest.

Advertisement
Agreed. We used to attempt this. I remember playing home and homes against Texas A&M, miss state, Memphis, Kentucky. I don’t understand why we stopped. This schedule hurts our seeding in March and hurts fan interest.

I’d rather play more ACC opponents even if they don’t count towards our conference record.

Anyone with a pulse.

We’re talking about 1-2 additional games per year. This isn’t some absurd thing. Other programs do it.

What were the attendance numbers for Lehigh and SFA? Estimates (as I doubt any "official" count was released)?
A good source - USA Today - didn't show anything for the Lehigh game, but shows 6066 for last night versus SFA. Technically I think the 8000 capacity is sold out all season, ofc.

Advertisement
A good source - USA Today - didn't show anything for the Lehigh game, but shows 6066 for last night versus SFA. Technically I think the 8000 capacity is sold out all season, ofc.
That’s definitely tickets sold. There weren’t more than 1200 last night. There were maybe 20 students.

Bummer. Wonder if the 5000 no-shows gave them away to high school kids, they would come?

I don't think it's a bad thing for fans not to show up for crap games. It (hopefully) sends a message that if you want fan support, you need to figure out an OOC schedule with a couple of non-cupcakes at home. L defending scheduling the Lehigh, SFA and Bethune games because they are favored to win their respective conferences is a bridge too far.

tc, I agree. I'm much more concerned when the "sold out" Watsco has a 1000 empty seats for top-level competition, and 3000+ empty seats for non-marquee ACC games.

Advertisement
Back