Next Challenge - re: Running Back

I agree with this. if I'm a back coming out of high school I wouldn't be scared of going into a crowded RB situation. You gotta have alot of tread on the tires to make it to that second contract in the NFL. That's how Jimbo got all those guys to sign this year.

Advertisement
We not taking 3 backs... maybe another one to go with lingard but that's it. For the final slot Miami should probably go after a change of pace back

You still could if you do it right. Take 2 pure RBs and then an "athlete" type who could play multiple positions, like DeeJay.

I would pass on Davis bc he's not even the best back on his team.

Take Curry and then get Nayquan Wright from Carol City next year.

Chubb Michel and Kamara were Richts guys 3 years ago and on NSD Kamara picked Bama and regretted it. Richt can easily use that year and day to Curry and Davis that we WANT 3 rba and we'll mold each rb into an NFL player

Blue chip recruits have egos, 90% of them want to be the main guy in a recruiting class. Camron Davis shares the backfield with Nayquan Wright already.
True, but sharing a backfield is actually a selling point these days. NFL teams/scouts essentially dock players points in their grades because of the perception of too much mileage.

Good point.

Advertisement
Blue chip recruits have egos, 90% of them want to be the main guy in a recruiting class. Camron Davis shares the backfield with Nayquan Wright already.
True, but sharing a backfield is actually a selling point these days. NFL teams/scouts essentially dock players points in their grades because of the perception of too much mileage.

This. RB's have a limited shelf life. The less wear and tear, the better off they are.

Michigan recruits running backs by telling them they WONT be the only back in the class and will have low mileage when they leave

We not taking 3 backs... maybe another one to go with lingard but that's it. For the final slot Miami should probably go after a change of pace back

Miami doesn't feel comfortable with the RB depth.

Right now we have Walton, Homer, Gray, and Burns (Assuming Gus transfers). Gray and Walton could both be gone after this year...Doubt we aim to take 2 backs just to still have 4 backs on the roster.

Advertisement

Miami doesn't feel comfortable with the RB depth.

Right now we have Walton, Homer, Gray, and Burns (Assuming Gus transfers). Gray and Walton could both be gone after this year...Doubt we aim to take 2 backs just to still have 4 backs on the roster.
Quality not quantity. Take 1 more of curry or Davis and then add Wright from carol city and another running back in 2019.

By the numbers we need three, Walton will forego 18

Still think we take 2 even so. I think it'll be Davis and Curry is odd man out because it's CC. Those ties are important to maintain. IMO I'd like to see Curry with Lingard frat.

Don't forget the one rb we took this class has MAJOR injury issues. Mix that in with suspect numbers, that's not good.

Advertisement
Taking 3 running backs is almost unheard. Yeah fsu did it this past class which I have no idea how they did that but it's not common at all

Last edited:
Don't forget the one rb we took this class has MAJOR injury issues. Mix that in with suspect numbers, that's not good.

True. 3 it is.

We need three. Whether that is accomplished through highschool prospects or grad transfers is another story. I think we probably take 2 high school recruits and 1 grad transfer next year, then two more in 2019 and the numbers are fixed.

I would pass on Davis bc he's not even the best back on his team.

Take Curry and then get Nayquan Wright from Carol City next year.

I'm going to disagree on passing on Davis. Wright maybe the better back between the 2 but anytime Davis stepped on the field there was no drop off in production.

Wright started 9 games for Carol City. Amassed 810 yards 7.2 yards a carry and 8 TD. Davis started 5 games during Wrights injury and accounted for 820 yds 6.7 yards a carry and 13 TD.

I understand that Davis got some carries before Wright got hurt and all those yards weren't amassed in 5 games. The carries Davis got weren't from team being blown out and Wright sat the bench. Wright and Davis numbers in the Title game were comparable as they were for the season. Wright 109 yards on 18 att/Davis 75 yards on 13 att.

Davis is still pretty **** good and did it vs some of the best teams.

While Curry played nobodies as my man 3000 would say. He ain't going to be doing that slow *** change of direction moves and breaking tackles after tackles in D1. Curry looks like a bruiser vs them little not tackling *** dudes, but he ain't built like Bettis.

Advertisement
Taking 3 running backs is almost unheard. Yeah fsu did it this past clas which I have no idea how they did that but it's not common at all

It's common when your depth sucks. The coaches don't like the rb numbers and I can't blame them.

Even if the third back is a transfer or juco, we need three.

Taking 3 running backs is almost unheard. Yeah fsu did it this past clas which I have no idea how they did that but it's not common at all

It's common when your depth sucks. The coaches don't like the rb numbers and I can't blame them.

Even if the third back is a transfer or juco, we need three.
If we were to take a 3rd back I'd would rather go the transfer market after we signed lingard and either Davis or curry

From what I've read from some ppl in the know, I think it will be Davis ...and sooner than later. Love it. Get Wright the following year as well. Both of them are special.

:U5PyXda:

Taking 3 running backs is almost unheard. Yeah fsu did it this past class which I have no idea how they did that but it's not common at all

Not at all. FSU took 3 very highly-regarded backs in 2017. ****, Maryland got 3 RBs in this class.

Advertisement
Back