Next 8 games

Advertisement
Correct, as of now. My guess is when all is said and done, NCSU will be middle of the pack in the ACC -- like 8th or 9th in the 15 team league.

And that may turn out to be true. I expect Boston College, Notre Dame, F$U, GaTech, and Louisville to be the bottom five teams in the ACC.

But, a couple of things.

First, I don't think that IF THAT HAPPENS, the voters will go back and reassess Miami's ranking, by saying "hey, you know what, now those wins over NC State look a lot better". It could impact our tournament seed, but nothing else for now.

Second, you never know what can happen with injuries, etc. My point about where NC State is NOW, as opposed to where they MIGHT be in the future, is pretty simple. If Miami lost a player to injury, we have already banked 4 conference wins, and we might be able to weather that kind of storm. But when NC State is 1-3 in the conference (with 3 consecutive tough games against Duke, VaTech, and Miami), then it might be harder for them to come back to the middle of the ACC if they have any unanticipated challenges.

We shall see. For right now, for where all of the teams stand with records and rankings, we are not going to get much forward traction from the NC State game.

Last edited:
Including ND win, 6-3 with a win at FSU should be the minimum goal.

This is the getting monkeys off our back season, and we already did so with ND.

Advertisement
UVA is really struggling

Or Pitt is a good team who struggled to find their identity for a few games but is now playing really good ball. Remember they smoked a solid Northwestern team at northwestern.

UVA has lost three games: 1 close loss at home to an elite team, 1 close away loss to at top 10 team (our resume is absolutely top 10 now), and 1 close away loss to a hot team. I don’t think that constitutes really struggling.

We are due for a clunker at some point. Its a long season and everyone has a few.

But I'd love to get the next two and then find a way to at worst split with NC State and Duke

That being said one game at a time. Looking around the country every night someone is losing to a team they shouldnt. So be GTech first.

Advertisement
Or Pitt is a good team who struggled to find their identity for a few games but is now playing really good ball. Remember they smoked a solid Northwestern team at northwestern.

UVA has lost three games: 1 close loss at home to an elite team, 1 close away loss to at top 10 team (our resume is absolutely top 10 now), and 1 close away loss to a hot team. I don’t think that constitutes really struggling.

Not getting wins three times in a row IS struggling, when you are in a good conference.

I have confidence that UVa and UNC (and even NC State) have "quality", but it needs to come out more during games for them to get full credit.

3 losses in 4 games is struggling.

At least Goodman seems to be a believer now... if I recall, he did NOT have us in pre-season Top 30:
View attachment 223161
and how many spots will Goodman drop us?
1672900635340.png

Advertisement
Back