Next 3 games

Texxcane

Redshirt Freshman
Ok so the next 3 games are gimme's, if I'm Richt I finally come to the realization Rosier ain't the guy and put another QB in there right now for these three patsies. Its hard for me to believe Rosier is the best we can do, and I don't give a Damm what he does during the week at greentree. Sure he could beat these 3 teams, but it's a good time to get a new guy settled in before conference. I never had much faith in Richt to begin with, not a good fit here, but he could gain some respect by realizing his mistake and make a ***** move

Advertisement
Toledo and FIU are not gimmes. Toledo was BEATING us by a TD at the half last year in Miami. We had to rally in the 2nd half to get the win. This year we play them in Ohio. It will be their super bowl. They only lost 3 games last year and are a legitimate 2nd tier program with a good offense that just scored 66 points on opening day.

FIU will play us hard and is basically a rivalry game. A ton of the players will know each other. FIU players will have huge chips on their shoulders and will be ready to compete. This too will be their Super Bowl, if not bigger (World Cup?).

I'm not saying we lose any of these games, but I wouldn't exactly call them "gimmes," especially with how incompetent we looked yesterday.

Toledo and FIU are not gimmes. Toledo was BEATING us by a TD at the half last year in Miami. We had to rally in the 2nd half to get the win. This year we play them in Ohio. It will be their super bowl. They only lost 3 games last year and are a legitimate 2nd tier program with a good offense that just scored 66 points on opening day.

FIU will play us hard and is basically a rivalry game. A ton of the players will know each other. FIU players will have huge chips on their shoulders and will be ready to compete. This too will be their Super Bowl, if not bigger (World Cup?).

I'm not saying we lose any of these games, but I wouldn't exactly call them "gimmes," especially with how incompetent we looked yesterday.
Beating us at the half with Logan Woodside at QB...you mean to tell me there’s another NFL QB behind him? Yea fuggin right

They scored 66 points against VMI...not that impressed

Beating us at the half with Logan Woodside at QB...you mean to tell me there’s another NFL QB behind him? Yea fuggin right

We make every QB look like 1st rounders so they could probably roll their third string o-linemen out there and have him carve up the D

Advertisement
Manny’s defense has a disturbing habit of making QB’s look pretty good. After last night, I’m not taking too much for granted.

All good points except that Logan Woodside is not the reason our O only scored 10 points in that first half. Again, not saying we lose, but let's not overlook the fact that they are a legitimate program (albeit one in the MAC conference).

Well I still stand by my point, now is the time to make a change at QB rather than waiting. Rosier has reached his peak, and his peak is a Dll quarterback

First of all, I was hoping y'all would beat LSU handily and be a top 5 team come next Saturday. The refs were horrible and kept the Canes from getting back in it. I do think our team probably gained some confidence though. Our QB situation went well against VMI and 3 guys saw action. We have playmakers all over the field still. This was play of the weekend. We also have an awesome field goal kicker and punter which Miami appears not to have. Field position is huge when you are blocking punts for hand off TD'S.

This blocked-punt return TD is an epic feat of football nature - SBNation.com

Advertisement
Well the template is there if Rosier starts, a high school coach could figure it out. Pathetic coaching on both sides as well

First of all, I was hoping y'all would beat LSU handily and be a top 5 team come next Saturday. The refs were horrible and kept the Canes from getting back in it. I do think our team probably gained some confidence though. Our QB situation went well against VMI and 3 guys saw action. We have playmakers all over the field still. This was play of the weekend. We also have an awesome field goal kicker and punter which Miami appears not to have. Field position is huge when you are blocking punts for hand off TD'S.

Na, we got a decent kicker...don’t ask me about my punter though.

We make every QB look like 1st rounders so they could probably roll their third string o-linemen out there and have him carve up the D
Want to know something that’s extremely ironic? And it’s in no way a defense of Diaz. Every QB that picked us apart is now the full time starter...even the 3rd string from UNC.

Have you forgotten that this team has a tendency to make mediocre QBs look like Aaron Rodgers? After what I saw yesterday Toledo is going to give us ****.

Advertisement

what did you see ref wise?

Keep in mind we are trying to build depth and just because the teams listed aren't gimmes, doesn't mean they aren't a great opportunity for us to test our talent against OOC opponents.

Advertisement
Richt needs to start someone else at QB. You gain nothing by starting Malik against Savannah St. He will carve them up, but it's going to be fool's good as Malik will just flame out against better competition.

Go with one of Weldon/Williams/Perry early this week with the 1s and let them get into the flow

Jon Richt's head should be on a guillotine. If not, we're not setting a high enough standard.

Richt needs to start someone else at QB. You gain nothing by starting Malik against Savannah St. He will carve them up, but it's going to be fool's good as Malik will just flame out against better competition.

Go with one of Weldon/Williams/Perry early this week with the 1s and let them get into the flow

Jon Richt's head should be on a guillotine. If not, we're not setting a high enough standard.

Who woulda thought we would see the day when we were slightly concerned about powerhouses like Toledo/FIU/Savannah enough to worry about who's startin where. And that's with a coaching god like Mark ***ing Richt in his 3rd year. We should be able to sit the starters and let freshmen and sophomore *** rape them and learn how its done. This is bullshyt

At Toledo isn’t a “ gimme”, FIU is. But if Maweak Losier plays most games aren’t going to be gimmes.

Advertisement
Back