Next 2 weeks are trap games

CountDookoo

Recruit
With much already earned ACC Coastal Division, 1st ACC title game appearance, top 5 ranking, it's important the team doesn't get complacent and take UVA, and Pitt for granted in the coming weeks. UM needs to win out to assure itself a spot in the playoff. No let downs!

Advertisement

Sigma_Cane_7

Senior
With much already earned ACC Coastal Division, 1st ACC title game appearance, top 5 ranking, it's important the team doesn't get complacent and take UVA, and Pitt for granted in the coming weeks. UM needs to win out to assure itself a spot in the playoff. No let downs!

Ditto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genghis Cane

Chicken Wing Connoisseur
I fully expect us to curb stomp both teams; however, I realize we might, at least initially, sleepwalk through that noon game on Saturday. As long as the team keeps their eyes on the prize and take one game at a time, we should be fine.

caneaddict

Senior
noon kickoff, the crowd will be a shell of what its been the last 2 weeks, I expect coach richt to know this and have them ready for it

Dghustla

Junior
For ppl watching other games. I want the quick game update to be scoring our second TD in the first 7 minutes of the game to go up 14-0

TemplarCane

Mario called me ‘an exceptional human being’
Premium
I sense this team has the player leadership to overcome complacency.

UNC is pretty bad, and the players experienced what almost happened. Won't happen twice.

Miami +21 over UVA and Pittsburgh

Colombie

Junior
I sense this team has the player leadership to overcome complacency.

UNC is pretty bad, and the players experienced what almost happened. Won't happen twice.

Miami +21 over UVA and Pittsburgh

Yup.

Anyone who listened to any of the post game presser videos would come to the same conclusion.

Advertisement

canecat

Junior
Pitt is going to get destroyed as they are bad and Miami is rolling . I could see a 57-10 type game. The UVA game might be decently close for a half but we will pull away and win 43-17 or something like that.

Combo

Sophomore
You have to trust that the coaches won't let the kids sleep walk through these two games.

KevinCaneFace

Senior
I feel this team is hungry to prove they belong. They should want to blow those teams out to increase their playoff standing. Man, if Bama loses, we could be the #1 team in the nation going into the game against Clemson. Who would have seen that coming?

simplycanes

Senior
Premium
After two consecutive weeks of high intensity and preparation, it is absolutely crucial to start fast in both these games.

ShadowSpring

Junior
For the guys claiming we blow out both these teams......that is exactly the point!

The idea these games will be easy and it'll be a blowout is why they are trap games. We've played down to the competition a lot this year. Everyone needs to take this ihs seriously. Coaches, players, former players etc. Fans need to do our part on Sat. I am trying to get down there myself, just working out details.

Colombie

Junior
I think we have different definitions of trap games.
When I think of trap games I think of games we can realistically lose.

That just does not seem possible with these next two games no matter how people want to spin it to me.

Advertisement

Tan Penos
Can't go back to coffee shop atmospheres for this Virginia game. Fans need to keep the foot on the pedal

IRememberSchnelly

Redshirt Freshman
At this point in the season, there really is no such thing as a "trap" game. The coaches, the players....everybody knows what's at stake and what needs to be done. If somehow UVa or Pitt pull out a win against us, it'll only be by pulling some off the wall surprise we couldn't have realistically seen coming or prepared for. What are the odds either of them is capable of that? I'd say slim to none. I'm not going to say these games are guaranteed wins, because no game is. But I just don't see it happening.

ShadowSpring

Junior
I think we have different definitions of trap games.
When I think of trap games I think of games we can realistically lose.

That just does not seem possible with these next two games no matter how people want to spin it to me.

Do you remember UNC game?

Play like that again and we definitely can lose to Pitt and UVA.