Newsflash to all recruits...

Advertisement
This is true, but I would suspect most coaches are recruiting themselves and the idea they will be that recruit's coach their entire college career. Can't expect these kids to be that informed that they can make a rational decision with which many adults would also struggle.

if you commit to a coach and team that does extremely well on your side of the ball, especially top 10, that coach will be gone, so stop using that as a reason to leave, if you are on a great unit you WILL NOT have that coach for 3-4 years and it could be as little as 1..

2FA4DF40-C78C-4C9E-A067-EF8F4086C2A4.gif

Lol what? Go tell that to Clemson or the many others that have good defenses that will be returning their DC. Dont act like the issues we have at Miami are issues that everyone else has, they aint.
He does have a point, though. Look at how many coaches have left Alabama over the past 4-5 years to become head coaches.

Advertisement
Lol what? Go tell that to Clemson or the many others that have good defenses that will be returning their DC. Dont act like the issues we have at Miami are issues that everyone else has, they aint.

i knew the exception Venebles would come up, hes different for whatever reason

He does have a point, though. Look at how many coaches have left Alabama over the past 4-5 years to become head coaches.

To even think we belong in the same sentence as BAMA is absurd, just stop. They are the outlier, not the norm... Bama is on a totally different level and can get away with any coaching changes they want, we don't have that luxury... Not even Diaz himself left after his first successful year as a DC here so yes its totally possible to have a good DC stick around for a sec. Look at Michigan, I bet their DC comes back and would never entertain a gig like Temple. Clemson's DC stuck around, its possible... we dont have the money that other schools have, that's what it comes down to.

i knew the exception Venebles would come up, hes different for whatever reason

Ok let's use UDUB then... top ranked D that has the #1 DB coach in the nation who they made a Co-DC recently... **** UDUBs DC didnt leave cause of that, he welcomed it!! UDUB has more money to spend then we do and they actually have a decent HC too I'm sure all of that helps. It's all stuff we dont have unfortunately. I say we bring back Shannon to be DC, dead serious. Who else is going to be able to recruit good locally from the jump?? Who else has ties to The U that is possibly affordable besides Shannon?? He was a crap HC but he sure isn't a crap DC. What else can we do to try and salvage any of what Diaz created?

To even think we belong in the same sentence as BAMA is absurd, just stop. They are the outlier, not the norm... Bama is on a totally different level and can get away with any coaching changes they want, we don't have that luxury... Not even Diaz himself left after his first successful year as a DC here so yes its totally possible to have a good DC stick around for a sec. Look at Michigan, I bet their DC comes back and would never entertain a gig like Temple. Clemson's DC stuck around, its possible... we dont have the money that other schools have, that's what it comes down to.

Clemson's DC is paid north of 2 million a year. He doesn't need to go anywhere and maybe has the self awareness to understand he wouldn't be a good HC. Not like people don't try to poach him every year, Tennessee tried before the Sciano fiasco and then landing Pruitt.

Advertisement
Clemson's DC is paid north of 2 million a year. He doesn't need to go anywhere and maybe has the self awareness to understand he wouldn't be a good HC. Not like people don't try to poach him every year, Tennessee tried before the Sciano fiasco and then landing Pruitt.

And like I said those are luxuries we dont have and wont ever have... we dont have the money to keep young up n coming coaching around and it sucks man. Its fully possible to keep guys around if u can afford to. We need to find a guy loyal to The U and my nomination for DC is Randy Shannon.

And like I said those are luxuries we dont have and wont ever have... we dont have the money to keep young up n coming coaching around and it sucks man. Its fully possible to keep guys around if u can afford to. We need to find a guy loyal to The U and my nomination for DC is Randy Shannon.

NO.gif

I fully understand what you're saying. We are always going to be cheap because the BOT does not think it is necessary to invest large sums into football to be competitive. I am going to side on passing on Shannon. His defense is just as dusty as Richt's offense. No reason to re-tread that.

Advertisement
I fully understand what you're saying. We are always going to be cheap because the BOT does not think it is necessary to invest large sums into football to be competitive. I am going to side on passing on Shannon. His defense is just as dusty as Richt's offense. No reason to re-tread that.

I'm looking at it in terms of recruiting... I'm not sure we can find anyone else with ties to the area like he has that would be down to come coach for us... u got any ideas?

Nicholson from Southern Miss?.

Who's better that we can afford?? Someone that wont have to take 2 years to build recruiting connections here... promote in-house?? Idk

Stop with the "afford" commentary. Manny was making between $750k-$1M which put him in the top 20 of pay for DCs. We can afford to hire just about anyone that isn't currently making $1M+.

Randy is not the option. He's a lazy recruiter, runs a bland defense, burned bridges at both UM (suing the school) and several local High Schools on top of showing less passion/emotion than CMR (one of the myriad of complaints people have about CMR).

Corey Raymond is my choice and his current salary as DB coach at LSU is $450k this year. He would play the same attacking defense that Manny had but with an elite DB coach slant and has learned from Aranda (my top choice but he is highest paid DC at $2M+ so he is not an option).

I'm looking at it in terms of recruiting... I'm not sure we can find anyone else with ties to the area like he has that would be down to come coach for us... u got any ideas?

I like Raymond and I like Barrow to be honest. Both could help and Barrow was recruiting well before he got sick of Al and bolted.

Advertisement
Umm Michigan's DC interviewed for Temple didn't he?

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...-reportedly-interviews-temple-job/2288528002/

Capture.PNG

We can pay $1M if we need to so we can get almost anyone not on this list w/o finances being a concern.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back