News & Notes on College football 7-16

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
Urban Meyer's comments on Fox this week:

“It’s a 10-week season with three bye weeks. I think you still keep the conference championship games intact, understanding that might not happen, but still put it on the schedule a little later in the month of December. Still plan on a College Football Playoff and bowl games. I think you can always take from it. It’s hard to add to it. I think the idea of three bye weeks, in case there is something that happened where a team gets really impacted by the virus, hopefully it’s around one of those bye weeks.

“I think we play football. I think it’s on the books, and we are prepared to adapt and adjust. Right now, I know that’s what’s happening with coaches across America and ADs and the commissioners.”

Also, Clemson now only testing players who show or report symptoms.
Oklahoma tested 98 players this week and had ZERO positive tests
Ohio State testing players twice a week whether anyone has symptoms or not

You can see how the standards of testing vary just among these schools. All three had a number of players test positive in June.

Advertisement

“It’s a 10-week season with three bye weeks. I think you still keep the conference championship games intact, understanding that might not happen, but still put it on the schedule a little later in the month of December. Still plan on a College Football Playoff and bowl games. I think you can always take from it. It’s hard to add to it. I think the idea of three bye weeks, in case there is something that happened where a team gets really impacted by the virus, hopefully it’s around one of those bye weeks.

“I think we play football. I think it’s on the books, and we are prepared to adapt and adjust. Right now, I know that’s what’s happening with coaches across America and ADs and the commissioners.”

You can see how the standards of testing vary just among these schools. All three had a number of players test positive in June.
Way to go Clemson. So logical.

Advertisement
Lol so were trusting urban liar now? Man yall desperate.

Urban is a natural BORN LIAR, and one would have to be a SIMPLETON FOOL to believe anything opinion he has to offer about the nefarious deadly disease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But then again, the VAST MAJORITY of Hurricane fandom BELIEVED every word uttered by that POTUS! LMFAO

Big 10 is playing and will have fans. Good news and right in line with what I expected in terms of fans. We should have a season.

2C3A33F9-54F3-4EA1-853D-9F2EF89055D7.png

Huh? How does Urban coordinate the scheduled bye weeks around what would be an unexpected outbreak? You can't have some sort of floating bye system in a conference based schedule. This is a HUGE flaw in this "plan". If a team has an outbreak, however you want to define that, they can't play. And they probably can't play for two weeks if you are really trying to be safe. And then what do you do with an outbreak close to a scheduled bowl, or a bowl in a playoff series?

But if Urb says it is a good idea, that must be true. If you can't trust Urb and his judgment....clearly America needs Urb in these trying times.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Clemson will have to fall in line with whatever the ACC mandates, which will probably weekly testing. I read somewhere where everyone will be tested 72 hours before game time during the season. Coaching staffs are going to have to have all their players ready to go because I'm sure there will be positive cases throughout the season. Should be a wild ride....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back