News all of you I'm sure will like...

brock

All-American
RB Travis Homer Hitting It Off With the New Staff

From Travis homer

As someone who had been in Coral Gables on plenty of occasions, Homer was able to pickup on even more subtle differences below the surface.

"I think the program is on the way to doing great things next season," Homer said. " I know they're changing up the way they workout, using smaller groups than they had before. The players were talking about how the lifts are different. Even after a week, they can feel it to the point where they're getting bigger, faster, and stronger."

For the S/C folks this is great to hear

Advertisement
Many people here saw my comment over the weekend about this very subject, but it still SHOCKED me when I heard what I heard.

Did Swasey just not care? Was he ignorant? Lazy? Out of touch with modern S/C methods? All of the above?

S/C is supposed to be one of the more straight forward aspects of a football team - you break down and build up each position based on the philosophy of each position coach and the O/D coordinators. So either those coaches HAD no philosophy, or Swasey flat out ignored them. Either way, what was behind Golden's curtain of secrecy was way worse than I would have ever guessed.

Many people here saw my comment over the weekend about this very subject, but it still SHOCKED me when I heard what I heard.

Did Swasey just not care? Was he ignorant? Lazy? Out of touch with modern S/C methods? All of the above?

S/C is supposed to be one of the more straight forward aspects of a football team - you break down and build up each position based on the philosophy of each position coach and the O/D coordinators. So either those coaches HAD no philosophy, or Swasey flat out ignored them. Either way, what was behind Golden's curtain of secrecy was way worse than I would have ever guessed.

I think he cared and he wasn't lazy, but he was definitely ignorant and out of touch.

Advertisement
In every ******* interview Gluten was talking about player x's or y's weight. The dude was obsessed with getting guys bigger, no matter how it happened.

When you combine all the failures together, Golden, Dorito, bad recruiting, training process, schemes, jr. high oc, lame db coach, de-emphasis on speed, failed special teams coaching etc, its a wonder we weren't worse. The enlightening part of this is that despite all working against them the guys did pretty good. Gives legitimate reasoning for a season exceeding our expectation, with all this being corrected and improved. Record should correspond in kind.

When you combine all the failures together, Golden, Dorito, bad recruiting, training process, schemes, jr. high oc, lame db coach, de-emphasis on speed, failed special teams coaching etc, its a wonder we weren't worse. The enlightening part of this is that despite all working against them the guys did pretty good. Gives legitimate reasoning for a season exceeding our expectation, with all this being corrected and improved. Record should correspond in kind.

Totally agree. On paper, we "should" beat at least 9 of our opponents, probably 10. I think we have a better than 50% chance of beating FSU. Not sure about ND. I think we should win 10 games at least (barring injuries to our key players, like Kaaya, Coley, etc.).

Advertisement

didn't help that he couldn't pass the certification and couldn't actually be in the weight room with the team.

didn't help that he couldn't pass the certification and couldn't actually be in the weight room with the team.

That's what really got to me when I heard about that. All these years? How could a program like "Da' U" regress to The Amateur Hour with Drew Carey? Donna Shalala was the worst thing to hit Miami since the killer storm of 1926.

Advertisement
Accidental down vote

Totally agree. On paper, we "should" beat at least 9 of our opponents, probably 10. I think we have a better than 50% chance of beating FSU. Not sure about ND. I think we should win 10 games at least (barring injuries to our key players, like Kaaya, Coley, etc.).

Golden at the beginning of his time at Miami said the S&C gets his orders from the HC. But plz continue with the bs it's funny.

Advertisement

Golden at the beginning of his time at Miami said the S&C gets his orders from the HC. But plz continue with the bs it's funny.

You realize Swasey was here for two previously failed Miami regimes. And throughout that time was incapable of passing a basic exam that would allow him to actually be present in the weight room? The man was one of the biggest if not THE biggest examples of the ineptitude of our once great program.

Our strength and conditioning wasn't too bad under the previous Coker and RS. We always did well at the combine. I mean you even noticed our speed and strengths during games. However we couldn't execute plays with missed assignments and number of other issues. However under Al you could noticed that we were getting slower and weaker. We couldn't tackle and anytime you saw the oline you knew they just weren't healthy. Darling needs to reshape his body. That is fat. He isn't solid.

Al wanted this team to resemble a Big 10 team but I never saw a Big 10 team look like us. I don't think he knew how to implement his regimen. As for Swasey he needed to move on. He needs to learn from under someone who has been successful lately. Its not god to remain in one spot.

Or maybe he was doing what the last coach idiotically mandated

That's sad that the only person who's accurate here got down voted. Swasey wasn't using his principles & training methods for the last 5 years. He was told what mattered was putting bulk on these kids... that's not his ways. He's all about fast twitch & explosiveness. He hasn't been allowed to do that for far too long now.

Advertisement
Back