Newest QB offeree Criswell puts UM in top 4, has relationship with Enos

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
At the most important position on the field and with so much turnover, it’s essential to take one QB every cycle. While the Canes currently have eleven commitments for the 2020 class, none of them is a signal-caller. Miami has a few offers out to QB’s in the rising senior class, but the most recent one came this weekend and went to 2020 Morrilton (AR) 3-star Jacolby Criswell.

“The offer is pretty big,” said Criswell of Miami. “I actually was the last one to find out in my family. My mom and dad knew because they called them first and then the coaches confirmed it to me.”

Being from the state of Arkansas, Criswell actually has a pretty intriguing relationship with the current UM offensive staff. The 6’1” 205 pound prospect has known OC/QB coach Dan Enos and quality control analyst Jesse Stone for a few years now, dating back to the pair’s time at the University of Arkansas.

“I have a good relationship with coach Enos because when he was at Arkansas, I camped there and he really liked me,” Criswell said. “Great guy as well and he would be someone I would like to learn from. Also, me and coach Stone have a good relationship, also an Arkansas guy. When he was at Georgia, I camped there and got an offer, so he’s been there for me this whole recruiting process.”

Along with his connection to Enos and Stone, Criswell also cites the tradition at Miami for why he could see himself ending up with the Canes.

“The culture, from since it’s started to now,” Criswell said of why he is interested in UM. “Also, coach Enos is going to do great things there and I believe in him 100%.”

The next step in the process would be to make a visit to Coral Gables so Criswell could get more familiar with the campus and the environment that UM has to offer.

“I plan to visit soon,” Criswell said of UM. “I’m just ready to see what they’re all about and the fan base, I hear they’re top notch. So, I’m looking forward to it.”

Being an out of state recruit for the Canes, will distance from home be a big factor for Criswell?

“Not a bit,” Criswell said. “Anywhere you go, you’ll be away from home.

With that said, all of Criswell’s top options right now are out of state. Even though the Canes just offered, Criswell already sees them as a top contender for his commitment.

“Along with Alabama, Auburn, and North Carolina, Miami makes the top 4,” Criswell said.

Describing his game, Criswell sees himself as a versatile gunslinger capable of fitting into a variety of different styles of offense due to his athletic ability and the system he’s currently running at Morrilton.

“I can do anything. I can be a straight drop-back or dual-threat guy,” Criswell said. “I’m playing in a multiple offense, so I have feel for everything. I was blessed to do both and that’s something I thank God for.”

As a junior in 2018, Criswell missed over half the season with injuries that held him back. However, he was able to return for the playoffs and lead his Morrilton to the state semi-finals, before being knocked off by eventual the champions in Little Rock Christian Academy. Criswell finished his junior campaign by completing 62% of his passes for 221.8 yards per game and 14 TD’s to 3 INT’s, while also adding 317 yards on the ground in just 5 games.

“I was out due to some hamstring and LCL stuff,” Criswell said. “Missed a couple weeks and came back. We went to the semis and got knocked out by the State Champions.”

Like most QB recruits, Criswell would prefer to have a decision in place early on in the process and it’s clear he’s looking for an environment that shares his winning spirit.

“A decision could be in a month or so,” Criswell said. “I’m looking for a school that wants to win and has the players to win. A good fan base, good coaching staff, just people who want to win.”

Advertisement
Does he have Alabama and Auburn offers? Seems like a good kid, hope he makes it down soon.

Advertisement
Should be a winnable battle for us, Auburn leads for 4* QB Robby Ashford, Bama wants Bryce Young. So, it’s us or unc for Criswell.

Advertisement
Getting some Jarren Williams vibes from him as an emerging prospect. I'm intrigued

There is another article on the Arkansas site from one of their writers who saw him live. Gushed about him, said he was best player on the field.

Arkansas is recruiting their head coach’s son (5’11 three-star) so this guy seems up for grabs. The writer seemed to think Criswell was the much better prospect.

Advertisement
Didn’t auburn just get a QB commit this weekend? And I have a hard time believing he would go to bama. He may have been cb to UNC but he hasn’t visited Miami yet. You have to like the chances of landing him in a head to head against UNC

The OC at North Carolina has been recruiting him for a couple of years. We just got involved. Still hope he gives us a visit and see what happens..

Advertisement
How many QB UNC taking... This kid was getting crystal ball there now the 4* kid from Texas getting picked to go there

For those who have played NCAA, this dude is one of those guys that after u scout him, a green gem pops up beside him and says like +9 points. We will land him.

Advertisement
Back