Off-Topic New York Pizza

You can't be all bad because you appreciate that Sally's > Pepe's. Modern is okay. Teh world just didn't need more than 2 'new haven pizza' places. And it generally doesn't need more than 1 place that sells 'apizza.'

In any case, these pie purveyors have been living on association with poverty and leftist idiocy at Yale for generations. I do believe they were legit places back when the mob ran the port, but those days ended about with jimmy hoffa and the advent of Wal-Mart.

Most folks here won't even understand this history.
My friend, my take is only on taste. History be damned. I could care less. Taste is king.

Advertisement
If you can find a local real wood fired oven pizza with thin crust save yourself some time and money. I love NYC and have eaten many slices from legendary pizza joints, but some ***** is highly over blown.

Advertisement
I’ve had Grimaldi and Pepe from the convos on here... which were both decent. Anyone here checked out the pizza in the Scranton/old forge PA area? Some legit pizza like Revello’s and others I can’t remember. My fav is a place called Pizza Perfect in Trucksville.

Advertisement
So @Cajuncane, which pizza(s) did you finally end up ordering from Goldbelly's that you would recommend.
I ended up getting them from Carlos’ Bakery and they we horrible.I wrote to Goldbelly and told them they were inedible and shouldn’t be allowed to sell their pizza...They gave me a credit toward my next purchase and I’m gonna re-order some from Di Falla which is supposed to be real good..

I ended up getting them from Carlos’ Bakery and they we horrible.I wrote to Goldbelly and told them they were inedible and shouldn’t be allowed to sell their pizza...They gave me a credit toward my next purchase and I’m gonna re-order some from Di Falla which is supposed to be real good..

Thanks, lmk how Di Falla turns out. I am ordering a cake and bagels now from GB's.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
So to break Pesach, which NY pizza do you recommend?
I’m not even sure I know anymore. Once you have kids pizza becomes a different food and different occasion. All the NY suggestions are okay but none are the mecca of pizza that some suggest, imo. There are different styles of pizza, obviously. I usually think of ‘NY pizza’ as a traditional ‘slice.’. If you want thin crust you’re looking for something else.

Advertisement
Back