New workouts have started

JB has potential but as I told people when they were crowning him after GT “he needs a lot of coaching and time , he’s very raw”. In a perfect world you coach him up for a year working on mechanics and footwork then it’s his time. At least battle it out with Emory or a grad transfer. Believe it or not Dawson loves dual threats and running the ball. JB is definitely his preferred type looking back through his oc career.
Jacurri said it himself he has alot of work to do, he shouldn’t have played last year

Advertisement
▪ Former UM quarterback Malik Rosier — who has coached freshman UM quarterback Emory Williams in Rosier’s role as Florida director for Quarterback Country — said “the biggest thing about Emory is he’s not going to wow you — I don’t mean this in a bad way — he’s not going to throw it 95 yards or run a 4.4, but he understands the game, how to play, how to lead. “The thing he really brings is pure quarterback ability — he’s tough as ****, can make every throw, will do little things right to win. He understands how to win. “The kid is athletic and that’s a good bonus. I don’t see him being being a big rusher but he can run for a first down” when you need it.. Williams is already enrolled and learning Dawson’s playbook.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article272594852.html#storylink=cpy
He did wonders for TVD, this should go well.

@hollyhood27 tooting your own horn before the first practice snap might be a new record. 🤣
1677435358052.gif

But I meant it as far as his style fits the AR perfect and we stumbled into that one. But I’ll still get buried when he doesn’t beat out TVD in the fall lol.

Advertisement
Peyton had a cannon and could make every throw on a rope with perfect placement.
Peyton didn't have a cannon, Peyton was slightly above-average.

The guy with the cannon was Ryan Leaf and he was a loose cannon.

I'd argue Bradys arm was stronger than Manning, just mechanics that didn't support it. By 2006-2007, Brady had an absolute rifle.

I'd argue Bradys arm was stronger than Manning, just mechanics that didn't support it. By 2006-2007, Brady had an absolute rifle.
Yeah you’re right cannon was the wrong description. He had more of a rifle. Accurate from long range. He threw a lot of deep passes to Marvin Harrison. They floated a decent amount and got where they needed to but weren’t on a rope like a laser.

Advertisement
Yeah you’re right cannon was the wrong description. He had more of a rifle. Accurate from long range. He threw a lot of deep passes to Marvin Harrison. They floated a decent amount and got where they needed to but weren’t on a rope like a laser.
Ed Reed once got him on a floater to Wayne... Peyton had his tells sometimes.

Advertisement

100%

So what if we're blowing a team out by 40 points in the 4th quarter and we don't want TVD getting hurt? Who do you trot out for some garbage-time game reps?

Emory can play in 4 and still shirt. Brown can play in 4 and still shirt.

If we’re blowing more than 9 teams out where we need to find QB’s to take garbage time reps, I’ll gladly find a way to solve that problem.

Advertisement
I was ok with snaps here and there but he played too much when he was nowhere near ready. Which puts you in a position to fail.
Kid should’ve played in 4 games and kept his redshirt but we weren’t in the position to be able to do that with TVD getting hurt.

Im a jacurri super believer but dawson will probably like emory more than him, he fits the mac jones/stetson bennett type.

Jacurri is closer to the kid UH just had than Emory is.

There’s a dimension you lose in that offense (like empty QB power) you lose when you have a kid like Emory in the game

Advertisement
Back