New workouts have started

Advertisement
Kid Slap GIF by MOODMAN

Receipts

▪ Former UM quarterback Malik Rosier — who has coached freshman UM quarterback Emory Williams in Rosier’s role as Florida director for Quarterback Country — said “the biggest thing about Emory is he’s not going to wow you — I don’t mean this in a bad way — he’s not going to throw it 95 yards or run a 4.4, but he understands the game, how to play, how to lead. “The thing he really brings is pure quarterback ability — he’s tough as ****, can make every throw, will do little things right to win. He understands how to win. “The kid is athletic and that’s a good bonus. I don’t see him being being a big rusher but he can run for a first down” when you need it.. Williams is already enrolled and learning Dawson’s playbook.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article272594852.html#storylink=cpy
From what I have read about Emory his QB abilities, mostly the intangibles, reminds me of Dorsey. Great leader that is extremely accurate and a student of the game. He won’t wow you with arm strength or athleticism but he can make every throw with precision. What he lacks in physical ability he makes up for it with intelligence, game film study and preparation.

The jury is still out on if he’s as competitive as Dorsey, or if he can win and command the respect of his teammates like Ken could.
From stories I have heard Dorsey excelled in those areas and was in a class all by himself in that regard.

Hopefully Emory can at least be in the same ballpark as Dorsey as an all around QB, but that’s asking a lot of a QB that’s not as gifted physically as most college QB’s. He will need to absolutely excel with everything else that goes into being a successful QB.

I think a good case study would be Peyton Manning vs Tom Brady. Peyton Manning seemed to have it all as far as passing goes. He was the most gifted passer I have ever watched, not named Patrick Mahomes. Peyton had a cannon and could make every throw on a rope with perfect placement. He would throw 40-60 yard lasers that were bulls eyes. Plus he was like an OC on the field. He seemed to have it all, except for mobility. He was about as mobile as the Statue of Liberty. This seemed to be his only flaw and it didn’t take much away from his greatness/dominance. However, with all that greatness Peyton only won 2 Super Bowls with 2 different teams. Ironically his younger brother who was nowhere near Peyton’s talent also won 2 Super Bowls with the Giants (who beat Tom Brady and the Patriots both times).

Now let’s look at Tom Brady. He is also a statue in the pocket and can barely scramble to pick up yards as well. Brady does throw an accurate ball but doesn’t have the arm strength or precision that Peyton has. Now what Brady lacks in arm talent he makes up for it with desire to win. He’s willing to bend the rules to win. His competitiveness and will to win is unmatched and explains why he has won 7 Super Bowls and played in another 3. He has played in 10 Super Bowls in his career. That’s astonishing!!! I just don’t see how you can’t consider him the alll time QB G.O.A.T. at least at this moment in time.

Tom Brady, the 6th round NFL draft pick from Michigan who was mostly a backup in his college career is the FFL G.O.A.aT.

So where does all this in regards to our young signal caller??? Honestly who knows. I hope he can put it all together and reach Ken Dorsey college levels. That will be almost impossible but I do feel that if anyone we have had since Dorsey he is the QB who has the best chance of success. He will have to play lights out and become a field general but it’s possible. No matter how much of a longsot, he’s our best shot.

Now to top that and go to the NFL and get to Tom Brady’s level, I am certain he would have to sell his soul to Lucifer. That is of course if he hadn’t already done that to play like Dorsey the we are field general at the University of Miami.

Either way I will be closely following Emory Williams uniquely fahtse career and his supernatural abilities right after Jacurri alloo works his magic ungrrft

Last edited:
Advertisement
People are sleeping on Emory. He has more than enough physical talent but he has intangibles that a lot of qb’s don’t have. He has an Obsession with this , constantly grinding and watching film, zero social media and cares nothing about clout. It’s all ball.

He’s also a better athlete than most of y’all think. Intangibles , hard worker mixed with good talent normally equals out to a good player. I wouldn’t bet against him.

People are sleeping on Emory. He has more than enough physical talent but he has intangibles that a lot of qb’s don’t have. He has an Obsession with this , constantly grinding and watching film, zero social media and cares nothing about clout. It’s all ball.

He’s also a better athlete than most of y’all think. Intangibles , hard worker mixed with good talent normally equals out to a good player. I wouldn’t bet against him.
How is his arm talent ? Ryan Williams type?

How is his arm talent ? Ryan Williams type?
I’d say pretty good , not great. He can make all the necessary throws. His strengths are anticipation, accuracy and touch but arm strength is not a problem. It’s far from a noodle lol.

When he gets in a college S&C / nutrition program I think we’ll see a big improvement of what he can be.

Advertisement
I’d say pretty good , not great. He can make all the necessary throws. His strengths are anticipation, accuracy and touch but arm strength is not a problem. It’s far from a noodle lol.

When he gets in a college S&C / nutrition program I think we’ll see a big improvement of what he can be.
I think I read somewhere he's already gained a good amount of size & strength since he's been here. Now just gotta hope it translates to the field.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Im a jacurri super believer but dawson will probably like emory more than him, he fits the mac jones/stetson bennett type.

Attachments

• D11B90B2-C22B-495B-BC27-F810969E5933.jpeg
    D11B90B2-C22B-495B-BC27-F810969E5933.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 160
Im a jacurri super believer but dawson will probably like emory more than him, he fits the mac jones/stetson bennett type.
JB has potential but as I told people when they were crowning him after GT “he needs a lot of coaching and time , he’s very raw”. In a perfect world you coach him up for a year working on mechanics and footwork then it’s his time. At least battle it out with Emory or a grad transfer. Believe it or not Dawson loves dual threats and running the ball. JB is definitely his preferred type looking back through his oc career.

Arm strength is the only thing I questioned at first but I've been assured by knowledgeable people that it's not a problem. I'm all in on the kid now.

Advertisement
Back