New workouts have started

Did y’all see that Lb I think he played for ASU that was like 200lbs and over 6’5 kid was ballin. In the right scheme it won’t matter. Kid will be coming off the edge to rush the passer or dropping in coverage. He isn’t here to stop the run game.

I think u’re referring to Eric Gentry for SC; transferred in from ASU. Was the #44 Edge Rusher in the nation for the Class of ‘21; came to SC at 6’6 200 lbs & was turned into a range LB.

Had 71 tackles (50 solo), 2 sacks, 2 FF, & 1 int.

When I look at Moss, Gentry was the first player that came to mind. Moss was ranked considerably higher than Gentry, but they both have those long, wiry frames (pause). In an attacking scheme, I can definitely see Moss thriving as a LB/Edge.

I’m more interested in his strength & athleticism numbers. If he’s both thin & weak then I would be very concerned.

Advertisement
I think u’re referring to Eric Gentry for SC; transferred in from ASU. Was the #44 Edge Rusher in the nation for the Class of ‘21; came to SC at 6’6 200 lbs & was turned into a range LB.

When I look at Moss, Gentry was the first player that came to mind. Moss was ranked considerably higher than Gentry, but they both have those long, wiry frames (pause). In an attacking scheme, I can definitely see Moss thriving as a LB/Edge.

I’m more interested in his strength & athleticism numbers. If he’s both thin & weak then I would be very concerned.
Yup, i watched that dude fly into the backfield like a heat seeking missle in a few of the games i caught. Dudes a football player. I am excited for this new defensive scheme.

Advertisement
4531E7B7-62F2-4D79-A557-F92C669F0AF2.gif

Could Kelly have had shoulder surgery, and that's why he looks so skinny in that pregnancy pic? He wore a brace in 2022.

Advertisement

Moss played safety before moving to edge so he can clearly play in space

Advertisement

Great points

Also want to point out that Guidry beat Notre Dame with an incredibly undersized DL last year

Advertisement

This is a really good point, I’m sure Guidry could find a role in his defense.

Nah he should just call Jaelan Phillips and do his exact routine. Phillips got skinny due to a wrist injury and not playing football. Maybe Moss had an injury we don't know about. Hopefully by fall he can add 10-15 pounds and be in the rotation. We need him.

View attachment 230407

Not all body types are the same, no matter how much you wish is true.

Moss is a kid with a real narrow frame including hips. That’s pretty hard to put on weight like JP who was much broader.

I don’t expect moss to be in the rotation until at least 2024

Advertisement
Back