New workouts have started

If y’all are talking Cochran he is retired cause he was a drunk. I don’t think he is doing anything right now but recovering and working on his life
Drunk? It was snowing in Tuscaloosa and Athens, not raining.

He's the STC Coord* (my bad) at UGA, he's just off-field

Last edited:
Advertisement
not a weight lifting expert.
But I Believe those dead lifts with the dumbells on the boxes are more of a range of motion exercise.
But 💯 on deadlifting or squatting with running shoes. It doesn’t feel stable at all when you do it.
That's a sumo squat if my memory recalls. Their shoes suck, just lift in Chucks

Advertisement
Ppl complaining about shoes being worn now. Man this place and it’s mopers are ridiculous
This is actually legit and makes me worry about the S&C staff if there’s no attention to detail for stuff like this. It’s easy af to fix and very high ROI.

This is actually legit and makes me worry about the S&C staff if there’s no attention to detail for stuff like this. It’s easy af to fix and very high ROI.
ghows-GA-4948a2d1-41cf-452a-b44b-9ba8d10bd07b-4506363f.jpeg

UGA has their dudes squatting in tennis shoes. What an idiot. Makes me wonder how they win national titles.

Advertisement
Real talk wearing a thick *** soled running shoe like that for deadlifting, squats etc is mechanically retarded and leads to slight shifts in the movement that can make athletes more injury prone. I always take my shoes off when doing either in the gym unless they’re flats.

Where’s rugby guy when you need him.
I started wearing Vivo barefoot sneakers as often as I can for this reason. I’ve had them for over a year and I’ve noticed a big difference

UGA has their dudes squatting in tennis shoes. What an idiot. Makes me wonder how they win national titles.

Lol; those are actually not regular tennis shoes; but it also goes to show u the difference between Nike designs vs. Adidas designs. These r The Nike Metcons; a strength, performance based shoe for weight lifting & other intense activities. I live by them.

Lol; those are actually not regular tennis shoes; but it also goes to show u the difference between Nike designs vs. Adidas designs. These r The Nike Metcons; a strength, performance based shoe for weight lifting & other intense activities. I live by them.
Yup I was just going to say those look like Metcons. I have a pair for when I have to train at a public facility on a platform. But thankfully I have my home and work gym = barefoot

I started wearing Vivo barefoot sneakers as often as I can for this reason. I’ve had them for over a year and I’ve noticed a big difference
I work in Xero casual and coach in a Xero sprint/runner shoe. Pretty, pretty, pretty good shoe- and I stand 10-12 hours a day

I loved metcons to be honest. Had them as team lifting shoes, and have purchased another pair post playing days just for the gym. Comfortable and sturdy.

Advertisement
Yup I was just going to say those look like Metcons. I have a pair for when I have to train at a public facility on a platform. But thankfully I have my home and work gym = barefoot

I work in Xero casual and coach in a Xero sprint/runner shoe. Pretty, pretty, pretty good shoe- and I stand 10-12 hours a day

Yeah, I have a home gym too, but it’s outside on concrete so I can’t afford to do barefoot. But Metcons r a really good weight lifting shoe.

Dudes looking at the shoes and all the stuff thats around them when what matters is the 5 star athletes they stockpile.. NONE of that other **** matters.. Get ELITE athletes and all of a sudden everyone is a genius..

Advertisement
BTW re: lifting shoes, not sure with Feld, but I'm pretty sure that with Feeley the kids had Adidas lifting shoes. I've seen several of the walk-ons in the main gym with them which I believe were team-issued since they had name and number on it.

BTW re: lifting shoes, not sure with Feld, but I'm pretty sure that with Feeley the kids had Adidas lifting shoes. I've seen several of the walk-ons in the main gym with them which I believe were team-issued since they had name and number on it.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I could’ve sworn that was a point of contention here, that the guys didn’t have weight lighting shoes & were using team issued shoes? I think we had a whole thread on that, & why it’s important, but better yet, y didn’t our guys have any.

Are you sure those are tennis shoes? Or are they the Metcons?

Time to get the expert @Rellyrell in here...

[EDIT: Dammit, Batman already showed up to set everyone straight, those ARE the Metcons...]

Advertisement
Back