New workouts have started

I loved metcons to be honest. Had them as team lifting shoes, and have purchased another pair post playing days just for the gym. Comfortable and sturdy.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Advertisement
Sad thing with this shoe debate is.......Adidas makes a really good lifter. I hope the kids are using them on their power/olympic lifts. The Metcons UGA is using is a good hybrid lifter/workout shoe. The Reebok Nanos are great. My personal experience is they hold up better than the Metcons.

Question for strength program, guys that have surgeries like knee surgeries would they still have them lifting upper body during rehabs

Advertisement
Sad thing with this shoe debate is.......Adidas makes a really good lifter. I hope the kids are using them on their power/olympic lifts. The Metcons UGA is using is a good hybrid lifter/workout shoe. The Reebok Nanos are great. My personal experience is they hold up better than the Metcons.

Reebok nanos r fire; I think Reebok needs to rebrand themselves as strictly fitness/cross fit. They actually have very good gear in that regards.

Two interesting tweets from Renaghan to start the off-season program.

In the 1st one, and he's posted other things like "use us or lose us" re the sports science dept/data or data, you get the use us or lose us type of tweet.

In the 2nd one- You see guys waiting to use the 1080 with resistance, and heavy loaded prowler marches. All really good early off-season choices to build strength and acceleration while lowering the risk of injury. Don't burn the steak too soon.

Very different from unloaded prowlers and gassers for mental toughness. Miami might be less injured and actually fast once again, because Feld is no longer programming using old Bama sheets from Cochran

In the 1st one, and he's posted other things like "use us or lose us" re the sports science dept/data or data, you get the use us or lose us type of tweet.

In the 2nd one- You see guys waiting to use the 1080 with resistance, and heavy loaded prowler marches. All really good early off-season choices to build strength and acceleration while lowering the risk of injury. Don't burn the steak too soon.

Very different from unloaded prowlers and gassers for mental toughness. Miami might be less injured and actually fast once again, because Feld is no longer programming using old Bama sheets from Cochran

Is that . . . Zion?! (Bottom left on prowler.) Good to see him if my eyes aren’t deceiving me.

Lol; those are actually not regular tennis shoes; but it also goes to show u the difference between Nike designs vs. Adidas designs. These r The Nike Metcons; a strength, performance based shoe for weight lifting & other intense activities. I live by them.
Say what?

You mean I’ve been going to the gym for over 20 years with little to no results to speak of…and you are telling me it’s cause I’m wearing the wrong shoes?

1674735351440.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement

A quick scan of his twitter shows me he tweets **** like the first tweet every day. I wouldn’t read too far into it.

Nobody said anything completely retarded yet. Let's give it time.
What are your thoughts on footwear? Seems like minimalist shoes are gaining alot more popularity nowadays. Schools have apparel deals so they are somewhat limited. Do they make any difference?

Advertisement
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I could’ve sworn that was a point of contention here, that the guys didn’t have weight lighting shoes & were using team issued shoes? I think we had a whole thread on that, & why it’s important, but better yet, y didn’t our guys have any.
I don't recall that. But like I said, at least with Feeley, I saw two walk-ons come in with the same exact lifting shoes with their names/numbers on the shoes so I assume that the entire team had olympic lifting shoes.

Advertisement
Back