New workouts have started

Advertisement
Advertisement
FnUpvTDXoAYg85K

Advertisement
Real talk wearing a thick *** soled running shoe like that for deadlifting, squats etc is mechanically retarded and leads to slight shifts in the movement that can make athletes more injury prone. I always take my shoes off when doing either in the gym unless they’re flats.

Where’s rugby guy when you need him.

Real talk wearing a thick *** soled running shoe like that for deadlifting, squats etc is mechanically retarded and leads to slight shifts in the movement that can make athletes more injury prone. I always take my shoes off when doing either in the gym unless they’re flats.

Wait - you deadlift and squat in bare feet? Franco Colombo/Vince Gironda style.

Advertisement
That guy has 8 national titles now . 6 under Saban and 2 with Kirby.

If y’all are talking Cochran he is retired cause he was a drunk. I don’t think he is doing anything right now but recovering and working on his life

Advertisement

not a weight lifting expert.
But I Believe those dead lifts with the dumbells on the boxes are more of a range of motion exercise.
But 💯 on deadlifting or squatting with running shoes. It doesn’t feel stable at all when you do it.

Whenever I have seen these things posted I think the same thing. I struggled with lower body injuries for years started going barefoot/minimal shoes for all my lifting/running and all the issues went away. It's not bulletproof but I know those boats on their feet aren't helping lol

not a weight lifting expert.
But I Believe those dead lifts with the dumbells on the boxes are more of a range of motion exercise.
But 💯 on deadlifting or squatting with running shoes. It doesn’t feel stable at all when you do it.
Even with this exercise for range of motion though instead of having an 8mm heel to toe difference shortening your Achilles while you "stretch" everything seems counterintuitive.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back