New Unis !! (We hope)

Gotcha. Okay well that certainly explains a lot. Your knowledge on the subject is on point. Also understand why ur the shoe guru on here now lol.
Can't wait for ur analysis once we leave adidas and the new uni's come out.

Yeah man; I’m actually more pumped for my fellow brothers/sisters having more access to fan gear, honestly.

So far on Adidas’ website:
20 Miami branded items:
-3 basic football jerseys: (white, orange, green)
-1 baseball jersey
-10 T-shirts
-1 shoe
-1 hat
-2 polos
-1 shorts
-1 wind breaker
*0 new products/ 4 non-branded U products

Compared to
FSU: 23 branded items (Nike Direct)
-1 shoe
-1 slide
-1 polo
-1 hat
-1 hoodie
-1 baseball jersey
-1 crew neck sweater
-2 shorts
-4 long sleeve graphic shirts (men)
-5 T-shirts (men)
-1 workout shorts (women)
-1 long sleeve fleece (women)
-3 t-shirts (women)
*2 new products / 0 non-branded FSU products

****, go over to Fanatics, & u’ll see Fanatics, Colosseum branded products r readily available compared to Adidas + Miami items. Now go & compare FSU, UF’s Fanatic pages & see the discrepancy of Nike/JB branded products along w/ Fanatics/Colosseum.

So not only do we get better branding, exposure, quality, but we get better accessible fan gear.

Advertisement
Yeah man; I’m actually more pumped for my fellow brothers/sisters having more access to fan gear, honestly.

So far on Adidas’ website:
20 Miami branded items:
-3 basic football jerseys: (white, orange, green)
-1 baseball jersey
-10 T-shirts
-1 shoe
-1 hat
-2 polos
-1 shorts
-1 wind breaker
*0 new products/ 4 non-branded U products

Compared to
FSU: 23 branded items (Nike Direct)
-1 shoe
-1 slide
-1 polo
-1 hat
-1 hoodie
-1 baseball jersey
-1 crew neck sweater
-2 shorts
-4 long sleeve graphic shirts (men)
-5 T-shirts (men)
-1 workout shorts (women)
-1 long sleeve fleece (women)
-3 t-shirts (women)
*2 new products / 0 non-branded FSU products

****, go over to Fanatics, & u’ll see Fanatics, Colosseum branded products r readily available compared to Adidas + Miami items. Now go & compare FSU, UF’s Fanatic pages & see the discrepancy of Nike/JB branded products along w/ Fanatics/Colosseum.

So not only do we get better branding, exposure, quality, but we get better accessible fan gear.
fwiw, caneswear has way more Adidas branded canes stuff than Adidas.com and fanatics. I think its just based on whether the outlet orders everything (caneswear has some player issued only stuff)

fwiw, caneswear has way more Adidas branded canes stuff than Adidas.com and fanatics. I think its just based on whether the outlet orders everything (caneswear has some player issued only stuff)

True. And that's the ****e that doesn't make sense.

adidas makes it...but doesn't sell it? And they are relying on mom-and-pop stores to sell it for them?

The ONLY thing that has (pleasantly) surprised me is the Follett takeover of the UM bookstore. The whole place is almost exclusively UM merch, it is WAY more loaded than when I was a freshman (1986). I guess they have books upstairs (I'm joking of course, they always did, but half of the ground floor was also books and school supplies).

I would be willing to bet that the UM bookstore (of which AllCanes is now ALSO owned by Follett) and CanesWear sell more UM adidas stuff combined than Fanatics and adidas.com do (combined).

I do believe that the main UM Athletics website currently outsources the merch ops to Fanatics, and I'd like to see if we could do the same thing for gameday sales.

Advertisement

adidas makes it...but doesn't sell it? And they are relying on mom-and-pop stores to sell it for them?

The ONLY thing that has (pleasantly) surprised me is the Follett takeover of the UM bookstore. The whole place is almost exclusively UM merch, it is WAY more loaded than when I was a freshman (1986). I guess they have books upstairs (I'm joking of course, they always did, but half of the ground floor was also books and school supplies).

I would be willing to bet that the UM bookstore (of which AllCanes is now ALSO owned by Follett) and CanesWear sell more UM adidas stuff combined than Fanatics and adidas.com do (combined).

I do believe that the main UM Athletics website currently outsources the merch ops to Fanatics, and I'd like to see if we could do the same thing for gameday sales.
This was the same w Nike. I remember all canes back in the day having all the player issues stuff you couldn’t find. I used to get asked by players where I got those shorts bc they were all players only items

This was the same w Nike. I remember all canes back in the day having all the player issues stuff you couldn’t find. I used to get asked by players where I got those shorts bc they were all players only items

Did u hoop for UM back in the day?

Advertisement

yeah the end of your post is where everything is going now. shop Miami Hurricanes is linked to fanatics as is nearly every major sports league in America.

lmao no. im short. I wish though. I was just a regular student at UM lol but some of the football players sucked at basketball at the wellness center. they were just athletic freaks so they'd just go and dunk on your ***

Ah, OK my brotha.

lmao no. im short. I wish though. I was just a regular student at UM lol but some of the football players sucked at basketball at the wellness center. they were just athletic freaks so they'd just go and dunk on your ***
best memory was sitting in nutrition class w DVD and him coming in with McDonalds everyday really asking nutrition based questions (he had a real interest in it not just faking) but it was so odd with a large mcd cup of soda in his hand lol

Advertisement
yeah the end of your post is where everything is going now. shop Miami Hurricanes is linked to fanatics as is nearly every major sports league in America.

Yeah, and I've posted this in another thread too. There are two basic business models that Fanatics offers, one where it's just a digital skin for your website. Thus, hurricaneports.com will redirect you to the Fanatics website, even if you don't realize you're on the Fanatics website, but fulfillment of the order takes place in Jacksonville.

The other model, which is gaining traction at a lot of stadiums, is that a local Fanatics team actually runs your gameday operations, with inventory management locally (and also supported by Fanatics-Jacksonville). A lot of MLS teams use this approach, and the stuff you buy at the stadiums will be sold to you (essentially) by Fanatics.

After years of being on a template some here preferred, USF switched to the template that almost all of the Adidas power 5 schools have(GT, Miami, A&M, Washington among others). Apparently the players thought the other template was rigid and stiff. They like the switch.

Exactly. They placed USF in the same material that’s used for their P5 schools.

Advertisement
Exactly. They placed USF in the same material that’s used for their P5 schools.
Is there a drastic difference in the materials that Nike has SMU in compared to Ohio State? I know different schools use different templates. Some schools like Georgia use older templates while Oregon is usually in the newest template and basically the test case for each new one produced. I never clocked the materials as being different though.

Is there a drastic difference in the materials that Nike has SMU in compared to Ohio State? I know different schools use different templates. Some schools like Georgia use older templates while Oregon is usually in the newest template and basically the test case for each new one produced. I never clocked the materials as being different though.

Nike has a tiered system for both programs & fan apparel. The G5’s material is slightly different than P5. As I’ve attached SMU’s jersey, u’ll see the aesthetics, collar, & quality is there, however, U’ll see towards the bottom of the jersey, it’s a dri-fit mesh. This uniform combines the dri-fit w/ a breathable mesh.

However, Nike takes really good care of their upper echelon G5 programs.

Attachments

• AAD7889B-F889-4219-A7DB-0B106F88FBB0.jpeg
    AAD7889B-F889-4219-A7DB-0B106F88FBB0.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 22

Some of that differential involves the value on the contract. Remember, each apparel contract is a mixture of cash payouts and apparel/equipment. As we have discussed earlier, Beta Blake converted some of our apparel/equipment allocation at the end of the Nike contract into cash payments, which is why we appeared to have such raggedy-a$$ stuff at the end.

The better (bigger $) contracts are going to have better stuff. Just because Nike makes Vapor Wear doesn't mean everyone all the way down to Miami Northwestern High gets it. That stuff is expensive. I mean, I guess if SMU wants to blow its whole contract on Vapor Wear, they COULD do it, but they'd get less cash in exchange.

I'm not gonna lie, though, it would be fun to see John Ruiz's new 7-on-7 team rocking Vapor Wear...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back