New Training Video

Jamal carter is a beast. It's a shame he can't play safety

maybe the new staff will help. keep in mind, he's an aggressive kid. def didnt fit their scheme.

I hope you are right man. Physically the kid has it and is tough. I just can't help but notice that he takes ****** angles, doesn't have great ball skills, hasn't been a great open field tackler, and has had difficulty diagnosing plays.

I really liked him coming out of HS.

Advertisement
Kendrick Norton looked a little leaner. it was only a quick shot though. looking forward to our D-Line next season. I think they have the potential to be great under Coach Kul... Potential...... AQM, Chad, Willis, Norton, Moten, Jenkins, Jackson, Harris. All were Sophomores or Freshmen last season. A lot of talent there. Hopefully they get it done

i dont think trent harris will play as much under this staff. the other staff loved him.
Everyone forgets we redshirted Scott Patchan last year. kid has a high motor. hopefully all healed up.

Youre crazy if u dont think Trent will play a lot under them.

Quan Muhammad on Twitter
"Coming back is the best choice I've ever made this staff is unbelievable at the UM they have our best entrance it's time"

maybe the new staff will help. keep in mind, he's an aggressive kid. def didnt fit their scheme.

I hope you are right man. Physically the kid has it and is tough. I just can't help but notice that he takes ****ty angles, doesn't have great ball skills, hasn't been a great open field tackler, and has had difficulty diagnosing plays.

He has to be in the box, he aint that great in the open field, hopefully the new staff sees this and keeps him closer to the play

Advertisement

I hope you are right man. Physically the kid has it and is tough. I just can't help but notice that he takes ****ty angles, doesn't have great ball skills, hasn't been a great open field tackler, and has had difficulty diagnosing plays.

He has to be in the box, he aint that great in the open field, hopefully the new staff sees this and keeps him closer to the play

I think Jamal would be an absolute freak at Will linebacker, the speed alone with him and grace would be difficult to deal with for any team.

My first time seeing Shaq as a Hurricane :51 sec staying low and driving for five hard steps... he remembered. ..the video may be meaningless to most..extremely proud moment for me..

Congratulations papa Shaq! We're all certainly very excited to see Shaq play.

I think Jamal would be an absolute freak at Will linebacker, the speed alone with him and grace would be difficult to deal with for any team.

He would be an absolute freak at the "Rover" position in a 4-2-5 defense.

This i can agree with...he is too small for in the box...A small LB like Grace has to be a good scvanger in the box. ..He won't make very many tackles after coming off a block...usally out of the play by then...Grace does it well he is extremely quick so he can work it...with limitation....if the ball and blocks are coming right at him...he's done for the most part...on obvious passing downs Scavengers thrives. ..quick reaction to screens and draws or carrying a receiver. .. on iso power or counters...you need predators in the box..like in nature a coyote can chase down a rabbit ..but to bring down an Elk you need a pack of wolves

Advertisement

He would be an absolute freak at the "Rover" position in a 4-2-5 defense.

We'll probably see that on nickel downs

Kendrick Norton looked a little leaner. it was only a quick shot though. looking forward to our D-Line next season. I think they have the potential to be great under Coach Kul... Potential...... AQM, Chad, Willis, Norton, Moten, Jenkins, Jackson, Harris. All were Sophomores or Freshmen last season. A lot of talent there. Hopefully they get it done

i dont think trent harris will play as much under this staff. the other staff loved him.
Everyone forgets we redshirted Scott Patchan last year. kid has a high motor. hopefully all healed up.

Trent Harris seems like a kid hat just will get on the field a likable guy, hard worker type. He might actually benefit from this staff...hi splay improved last season..and he looked better in space than Tyriq Mccord.

he's a kid you keep up around the line of scrimmage ina rover type position. Give him his read and let him play down hill...dude would knock your socks off...but when he has to or had to think alot in covg he plays a bit timid.....he has plus athleticism as a rover though......say he was in Bud Foster's scheme....or even what Duke did with Cash...who doesnt hit close to as hard as Carter.

This i can agree with...he is too small for in the box...A small LB like Grace has to be a good scvanger in the box. ..He won't make very many tackles after coming off a block...usally out of the play by then...Grace does it well he is extremely quick so he can work it...with limitation....if the ball and blocks are coming right at him...he's done for the most part...on obvious passing downs Scavengers thrives. ..quick reaction to screens and draws or carrying a receiver. .. on iso power or counters...you need predators in the box..like in nature a coyote can chase down a rabbit ..but to bring down an Elk you need a pack of wolves

Plus Grace has played LB since pop warner.. People fair to realize and usually just look at size or speed and say.."this kid should thrive at lb" etc....Its a major difference taking on blocks and siffing through traffic at lb than at safety. I didnt expect Gayot to perform as well as he did early on but he was a thumper naturally and not that small at 220.

Jamal Carter has a skinny frame..he's top heavy...them same bad angles would be the same at wlb....add to it he has been a deep safety since high school.
Carter should thrive just by having less responsibilty and playing down hill imo....also blitz him some..his ball skills arent "that bad" imo....i seen some play recognition and jumping of roues from him this year. Jamal Carter and Rayshawn Jenkins would be a good tandem as Rayshawn gets in better shape..and they play him deep...and bring Jamal more in the box....either way when Jaquan Johnson is on the field he can play agressive as well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back