New threads have been great. Lets hear it for the dogs.

Advertisement
20200627_140723.jpg

20200627_140932.jpg

20200627_141535.jpg

20200629_141745.jpg

My Twins, my baby boys!

Advertisement
Used to breed German, American, and Belgium Shepherds; primarily German Shepherds. Love them. After our last German died of natural causes, the family & I took a break from The Shepherds.

Raised our first Akita from a pup. That little sucker got huge....like 125lbs huge, and had the aggressive trait. Loyal af, too. Name was Kuma (Japanese for Bear b/c he looked like a bear.)

Living in the hood; the mentality of dogs is different. Some view as pets, while others view as money makers (Pits/Rotts). Caught my next door neighbor hanging & beating his pits. My dad called Animal Control to rescue them; Sheriffs pulled up to to give dude a warning. He looked at our house, threatened my dad; proceeded to beat his ***. Next day, him & his family moved. He left my family a parting gift; poisoned my dog. My dog died the next day and I never recovered. Never owned a dog again.

Never could find dude, and my other neighbors who knew his girl wouldn’t tell me where they moved, b/c they already knew what was going to happen, b/c they know me. I always get butterflies seeing dogs; I love them...been around them practically my entire life. But owning again? Man, seeing ur dog gasping for life....man, I don’t think I can ever own again. That experienced traumatized me & my father.
I was late on this thread & just now seeing this but man that is fcked up bro.

And growing up in Liberty City Dog fighting culture used to be really big, I don't know if it is currently now, but in the mid 90's - 00's when I grew up it was definitely around & I always hated it.

I never understood it & I never will. I've been a dog owner my entire life & I just don't see how people could treat them like that.

I currently have 2 Rottweiler/German Shepherd mix & used to have a German Shepherd/Boxer mix when I was growing but he died at 17 years old. My fiancé had a pure breed American Eskimo when I first met her but she gave the dog to her Mom but I still go over there to walk, feed & take care of'em because her parents have health problems & can't walk him as much.

I don't think they're really bred in America but I would love to get a Turkish Kangal.

Thanks.

And yeah Rotts are super loyal & very good listeners.

I saw your dog too, you got a nice Old school there lol. Is he a Beagle?
Yes. My wife and I think he might be foxhound because he's larger than a regular beagle. I acquired him from a hunting dog rescue. I had a Rotti before him. Loved that guy. Diabetes cut him down early.

Advertisement

And growing up in Liberty City Dog fighting culture used to be really big, I don't know if it is currently now, but in the mid 90's - 00's when I grew up it was definitely around & I always hated it.

I never understood it & I never will. I've been a dog owner my entire life & I just don't see how people could treat them like that.

I currently have 2 Rottweiler/German Shepherd mix & used to have a German Shepherd/Boxer mix when I was growing but he died at 17 years old. My fiancé had a pure breed American Eskimo when I first met her but she gave the dog to her Mom but I still go over there to walk, feed & take care of'em because her parents have health problems & can't walk him as much.

I don't think they're really bred in America but I would love to get a Turkish Kangal.

Yeah the dog fighting arena, never got it, never will.
Turkish Kangals are beast. Never seen one in person, but know about their reps. Never seen any in the U.S though or heard of them in the U.S. But if u could ur hands on one, u’re winning

Advertisement

If you like the Turkish Kangal, check out the South African Boerboel. Those are some HUGE dogs, one of my favorite breeds, along with the Cane Corso, and Argentinian Dogo.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Can’t stand dog fighters. My dog was a rescue and the people at the rescue seem to think he was used as a bait dog. His ears are terribly cropped and he has teeth that were obviously filed down. (I’ve since had two of them removed because the vet said they had been filed down so far, it was causing him pain) He was in really poor health when found abandoned at a dog park in Pembroke Pines. The rescue spent a ton on vets to get him healthy again and he’s honestly been a really great dog for me. Smart and attentive. Didn’t even have to house train him. I have to keep him away from other dogs and be careful how I discipline him because he gets that scared look sometimes if I get heated but he’s otherwise harmless. My three year old niece loves him even though she was a bit nervous about him at first.

My stepdogs, Cassius and Riddick, ironic names from Boxers. Both succumbed to cancer within a year of each other. Riddick was my daughter, Kennedy’s ace, mine too. Cancer did a number on the boys, they were in such pain at the end that I felt a sense of relief when they passed on. Man cancer sucks, after taking the boys from us, it claimed Kennedy’s granddad last week. RIP to all 3 of them.

Attachments

• F2C57B6E-214C-40FA-96FE-F07528A492E6.png
    F2C57B6E-214C-40FA-96FE-F07528A492E6.png
    1 MB · Views: 4
Advertisement
Back