New Texas A&M Coach

College Station/Bryan is not an upgrade over Tally as a place to live. A push at best. Houston really isn't THAT close -- a couple hours (over 100 miles) on the road or more, depending where in Houston you're going. Certainly, too much of a trip if you need to be close to your kid's doctor and first class medical facilities. Austin is about the same distance away.

Advertisement
He just may go.

I guarantee: The day Golden was fired - Jimbo called his agent and told him to start looking for another roost.

UM isn't going to be any fun anymore. Not on gameday. Not on recruiting.

FSU fans been on his *** like a crap-filled diaper. Just like the geniuses at Tennessee pulled off with Philip Fulmer.

Jimbo leaving would surprise me in the least.

If this is true, I guess the world has just passed me by. Unless it's purely for money, in what world is the TAMU job a better one than FSU? Sure, he had a tough year but Frenchie will be back next year and FSU will most likely again be rolling. He basically owns Tally. Why would he leave that for a pressure cooker like TAMU where it's really hard to win more than 7 or 8 games?

There is not a daily reminder of his ex wife cranking down a bunch of College students on campus in College Station. Plus after giving her half for making him a laughing stock he likely would get to keep all this cash for himself.

Favorites for FSU if Jimbo leaves gotta be Willie Taggert, Charlie Strong, & Scott Frost right?

Probably an offensive mind, someone who has a great reputation as a QB guru to groom young Blackman, someone who was at one time briefly linked to Miami, someone who used to coach the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.............

Dirk Koetter

Kind of crazy if he does leave that he would chose Texas a&m over lsu who he could’ve went to last year

Advertisement
He just may go.

I guarantee: The day Golden was fired - Jimbo called his agent and told him to start looking for another roost.

FSU fans been on his *** like a crap-filled diaper. Just like the geniuses at Tennessee pulled off with Philip Fulmer.

My folks in Tally seem to think he's up out. Weak roster, suspect coaching staff and Canes on the come up... It's time.
He can't turn this around quickly and Bobby told him that he has to beat Miami to keep his job.

Kind of crazy if he does leave that he would chose Texas a&m over lsu who he could’ve went to last year

Difference is last year FSU was a better gig than LSU, now FSU is not looking so rosy and TAM is throwing(allegedly) serious cash around.
Also keep in mind as much as posters want to knock TAM, they're swimming in cash, just did, IIRC, a 400m+ investment into football etc.

He just may go.

My folks in Tally seem to think he's up out. Weak roster, suspect coaching staff and Canes on the come up... It's time.
He can't turn this around quickly and Bobby told him that he has to beat Miami to keep his job.

Strange as it may sound I don't doubt for a minute if he does leave that Miami rising up was in his mind as some point, if both Uif and us both stunk it might change the equation. Miami went from middling crap, to pretty good, to possibly in the CFB playoffs in two years...not what Jimbo wanted to see happen.

College Station/Bryan is not an upgrade over Tally as a place to live. A push at best. Houston really isn't THAT close -- a couple hours (over 100 miles) on the road or more, depending where in Houston you're going. Certainly, too much of a trip if you need to be close to your kid's doctor and first class medical facilities. Austin is about the same distance away.

Texas A&M would probably give the dude his own helicopter to ferry back and forth if the distance for treatment was too far.

They'd give him pretty much anything he wants.

Advertisement

Difference is last year FSU was a better gig than LSU, now FSU is not looking so rosy and TAM is throwing(allegedly) serious cash around.
Also keep in mind as much as posters want to knock TAM, they're swimming in cash, just did, IIRC, a 400m+ investment into football etc.

Yeah they defintiely got a lot of cash floating around

He just may go.

Why, Bobby couldn't beat Miami and he kept his job, double standards ?

I haven't read thru all 8 pages but has Manny Diaz's name been mentioned as a possible successor to Jimbo Fisher at FSU?

Advertisement
I haven't read thru all 8 pages but has Manny Diaz's name been mentioned as a possible successor to Jimbo Fisher at FSU?

That would be incredibly bold of them and a potential grand slam hire + damaging, heartbreaking for us.

However, I really doubt they would be so bold. I'm sure they would only go after well-established, highly experienced head coaches.

That would be incredibly bold of them and a potential grand slam hire + damaging, heartbreaking for us.

However, I really doubt they would be so bold. I'm sure they would only go after well-established, highly experienced head coaches.

They didn't do that when they hired Jimbo...

Story is that he was gonna go to LSU last year but the governor wouldn’t let them pay that buyout on top of the buyout for Les.

Advertisement
I have mixed emotions on this. Jimbo has proven capable of losing 3 games a year in which he does not have a once in a generation QB. But then again he has beaten us 6 of the last 7 years, and 1 of 2 with our new staff. That and the SOB can recruit..............In a perfect world he leaves and the FSU fans go all Tennessee on the new candidates so that they end up with Tommy Bowden..................

I have mixed emotions on this. Jimbo has proven capable of losing 3 games a year in which he does not have a once in a generation QB. But then again he has beaten us 6 of the last 7 years, and 1 of 2 with our new staff. That and the SOB can recruit..............In a perfect world he leaves and the FSU fans go all Tennessee on the new candidates so that they end up with Tommy Bowden..................

Guy needed a botched extra point in Richt's second ACC game to beat Miami last year. It's not like he ran Miami out the door last year.

Tommy Bowden lol that's good

Guy needed a botched extra point in Richt's second ACC game to beat Miami last year. It's not like he ran Miami out the door last year.

You are correct, and we won on the last play this year against a true freshman QB..........

Advertisement
Back