New TD Prop for the Offense Coming

Cookie917

Recruit
Heard Manny Diaz talk about wanting to have something in place for the opener against UF.... Guesses on what it might be? Another chain?

Advertisement
TD Chain would be a horrible idea. Breaking it out 11 times against Savannah State would markedly lessen the significance, and if we score very late while getting blown out, we just look like idiots (yes, same with the TO chain, but not exactly).

I'd prefer a "big play" prop for the offense. Anything 40-50 yards. And even at that... meh. Maybe something for a go-ahead TD.

If we don't do the one on O right it's gonna make the one on D look stupid real fast.

Advertisement
TD Chain would be a horrible idea. Breaking it out 11 times against Savannah State would markedly lessen the significance, and if we score very late while getting blown out, we just look like idiots (yes, same with the TO chain, but not exactly).

I'd prefer a "big play" prop for the offense. Anything 40-50 yards. And even at that... meh. Maybe something for a go-ahead TD.

If we don't do the one on O right it's gonna make the one on D look stupid real fast.

I'd be all for giving the aussie a pint and a smoke for every punt 50+ yards, inside the 20 (opposing 20 if that wasn't clear based on our previous punting), and for every guy he shanks.

Advertisement
Mark Richt mentioned a "Touchdown Crown" once in a Interview. But he didn't deliver it the following year. I Would assume if there's anything it would be that

Advertisement
Someone tell Manny to calm down. Would be horrible if true
I am not thrilled about the idea of a touchdown prop. However, I can understand if the 18-21 year olds on the offensive side of the ball feel some type of way when they are constantly seeing the defense get rewarded for their success. Everyone including the fans, media, commentators, and their pets, get hyped over the turnover chain. There is even a **** song about it.

I can't fault a bunch of teenagers on the offensive side of the ball for saying....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back