New Staff Changes

I don't buy it. I believe Michael Barrow is much bigger than that and not come down to the Doritos level...

weeks TE=pb5cane;2126704]Barrow looking like a genius
Can't wait till the real reason he bolted comes out. Other than Golden and No D sucking a$$

Big Poppa posted a few weeks ago that allegedly, Barrow was involved in a physical altercation with Donofrio and was in essence fired by Golden. Apparently, Barrow had to sign a gag order prohibiting him from speaking about the alleged incident.

I have no idea as to the validity of those assertions but they ring true to me. It would fit perfectly into perception we all have of Al and what a gutless ***** face he is.

Are there time limits on gag orders?[/QUOTE]

Advertisement
Does anyone doubt Blake James wants golden to fire someone so he can have something to sell. I don't think golden will fire anyone cause that ship has sailed.

The only difference between Paul Williams and a guy like Rumph is the right connections to get his start in the industry. There are high school coaches infinitely more talented than some college coaches, and vice versa. Hugh Freeze did alright for himself. As has Malzahn, Pruitt, and many more guys. I don't think we should hire Rumph yet, but using his coaching in high school as a mark against him is dumb.

I don't know anything about swasey, but bring in a new coach and let him bring in his own SC coach, it starts with the HC, just watch Michigan after JH comes in.

remind me how many titles this **** JH won? Like I said for all that bravado at Stanford he still lost the big games always lost a crucial one throughout the year.

Advertisement
The only difference between Paul Williams and a guy like Rumph is the right connections to get his start in the industry. There are high school coaches infinitely more talented than some college coaches, and vice versa. Hugh Freeze did alright for himself. As has Malzahn, Pruitt, and many more guys. I don't think we should hire Rumph yet, but using his coaching in high school as a mark against him is dumb.

We actually have a lot of alumni coaches: Winston moss, lamar Thomas, mario cristobal (as a position coach and recruiter), barrow, ken Dorsey, Kehoe, Chud, Mark Richt, Hurlie brown, Kevin Beard, etc. Most of these guys, if not all, are very well respected in south Florida and in various coaching ranks.

I highly doubt many schools in the country can match the quantity of coaches we have in the nfl and college.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you ******* retarded?

Mike Rumph played under Buth Davis and Greg Schiano in addition to 5 years in the NFL.

Paul Williams played at ******* Delaware...coached at ******* delaware.......should I go on?

weeks TE=pb5cane;2126704]Barrow looking like a genius
Can't wait till the real reason he bolted comes out. Other than Golden and No D sucking a$$

Big Poppa posted a few weeks ago that allegedly, Barrow was involved in a physical altercation with Donofrio and was in essence fired by Golden. Apparently, Barrow had to sign a gag order prohibiting him from speaking about the alleged incident.

I have no idea as to the validity of those assertions but they ring true to me. It would fit perfectly into perception we all have of Al and what a gutless ***** face he is.[/QUOTE]

There is no reason to deny the possibility of that. Al looks more and more like a total sleaze ball every day. I regret ever even saying he is a good man. He now appears to be the personification of psu sleaze. No wonder Donna liked him.

We actually have a lot of alumni coaches: Winston moss, lamar Thomas, mario cristobal (as a position coach and recruiter), barrow, ken Dorsey, Kehoe, Chud, Mark Richt, Hurlie brown, Kevin Beard, etc. Most of these guys, if not all, are very well respected in south Florida and in various coaching ranks.

I highly doubt many schools in the country can match the quantity of coaches we have in the nfl and college.

Yeah but they are Canes and remember what that means. Getting back the od days is the last thing coral gables junior college wants.

Advertisement
Rumph would be retarded to board this sunken wreckage. Just bide your time at Heritage, and eventually someone will make you a good offer because they think you can secure a couple good recruits from the area. See Cogdell and Lockett.

Kehoe did a good job this year. He had 3 RT get hurt, and more. He's done well. Shouldn't get fired. The problem isn't strength and conditioning either.
Need new WR, DL, DB assistant coaches. And of course new DC and HC.

I'm ok with those changes, as long as they bring in Lamar Thomas for WR, and Mike Rumph for DB. Those changes won't change anything overall, but those are two guys I could see Butch keeping and winning with here. I could also see Ed Reed coaching here very soon. And please don't say that's unrealistic. The man has had a great NFL career and will retire soon (1-2 years). A call from Butch to coach DB's wouldn't be far fetched. Him or Rumph would be excellent. Take your pick. Reed already coaches a youth football camp. He has some experience with that and can continue teaching at his alma mater.
Just because you are a former player or even an all time great, doesn't mean that you are cut out to be a coach, and I definitely don't want our staff littered with guys that are so green at the job. That is exactly how you get embarrassed by Jimbo and company. It's a good idea to bring in a guy or two and help bring him along and see where it goes but you start riddling the team with these type of coaches and it will be a disaster.

It also doesn't mean they can't coach though. I agree with you but there isn't really a right way of knowing whether they can or can't. We know Rumph can- he's proving it now. Ed has never coached so obviously he needs to prove himself. He has the intangibles though in terms of his leadership and the way he lead the Baltimore defense with Ray. He definitely helped young players along the way. Still though, you're right, he would need to prove himself. Everyone needs a chance though.

How has Rumph shown he can coach at the next level? See this is what I'm talking about. What Rumph is doing is nice and maybe one day he will be a great coach but coaching HS isn't coaching Div 1. This is exactly what has been killing us, we haven't had competent coaches from a development and Xs and Os standpoint. We can't really afford to take anymore chances on these guys and see if they will be good cause we are already so far behind. We need to hire guys that will come in right away and make a difference.

Saban and Jimbo guys who already have a track record being able to coach and hire competent coaches can afford to do that, we can't right now.

Well, we know for certain that the current coaching staff CANNOT coach at a D1 level, so what is the risk? Still, nothing matters if Al is still HC. He is a control freak and all blame falls on him. ****, there is a better chance that Mark is a great DC than there is that Al is a D1 HC. Not saying he is, just that you cannot judge these assistants fairly with Al as HC.

Inn
Kehoe did a good job this year. He had 3 RT get hurt, and more. He's done well. Shouldn't get fired. The problem isn't strength and conditioning either.
Need new WR, DL, DB assistant coaches. And of course new DC and HC.

I'm ok with those changes, as long as they bring in Lamar Thomas for WR, and Mike Rumph for DB. Those changes won't change anything overall, but those are two guys I could see Butch keeping and winning with here. I could also see Ed Reed coaching here very soon. And please don't say that's unrealistic. The man has had a great NFL career and will retire soon (1-2 years). A call from Butch to coach DB's wouldn't be far fetched. Him or Rumph would be excellent. Take your pick. Reed already coaches a youth football camp. He has some experience with that and can continue teaching at his alma mater.
Just because you are a former player or even an all time great, doesn't mean that you are cut out to be a coach, and I definitely don't want our staff littered with guys that are so green at the job. That is exactly how you get embarrassed by Jimbo and company. It's a good idea to bring in a guy or two and help bring him along and see where it goes but you start riddling the team with these type of coaches and it will be a disaster.

It also doesn't mean they can't coach though. I agree with you but there isn't really a right way of knowing whether they can or can't. We know Rumph can- he's proving it now. Ed has never coached so obviously he needs to prove himself. He has the intangibles though in terms of his leadership and the way he lead the Baltimore defense with Ray. He definitely helped young players along the way. Still though, you're right, he would need to prove himself. Everyone needs a chance though.

The thing I think always get missed when people start throwing around former great as coaches is if they are even interested in going into coaching.
It's a different gig and a lot of people rightfully so don't want to get into it. The hours alone are insane.
Some people when they retire just want to do something else.

Advertisement
Back