New Stadium

Sofla native

Recruit
do you think well pursue one after the Hard Rock 25 year lease expires? We are almost half way through already. I don't mind hard rock. I just think we need a cheap 50K seat stadium closer to campus with metal bleachers right on top of the field just like the OB. Just make it cheap (so its financially possible to get one) and loud as ****. We don't need any bells and whistles like the other schools. My main problem with Hard Rock is how empty it looks because of the seats and not bleachers. I just watched 2004 La Tech vs Miami at home in the OB and it was a very small crowd but still looked pretty full on most shots of the crowd on tv. Hard Rock does not disguise this at all. Every empty seat sticks out and is really obvious. Hate it. Also don't know why they put the student section in an area on TV when most students don't show up other than FSU, ND games. Thoughts? super bored at work. Im really surprised those in charge of this haven't at least tried to make it a little less obvious somehow. Not a troll. But I know ill get ripped anyway instead of getting serious thoughts and feedback.

Advertisement
do you think well pursue one after the Hard Rock 25 year lease expires? We are almost half way through already. I don't mind hard rock. I just think we need a cheap 50K seat stadium closer to campus with metal bleachers right on top of the field just like the OB. Just make it cheap (so its financially possible to get one) and loud as ****. We don't need any bells and whistles like the other schools. My main problem with Hard Rock is how empty it looks because of the seats and not bleachers. I just watched 2004 La Tech vs Miami at home in the OB and it was a very small crowd but still looked pretty full on most shots of the crowd on tv. Hard Rock does not disguise this at all. Every empty seat sticks out and is really obvious. Hate it. Also don't know why they put the student section in an area on TV when most students don't show up other than FSU, ND games. Thoughts? super bored at work. Im really surprised those in charge of this haven't at least tried to make it a little less obvious somehow. Not a troll. But I know ill get ripped anyway instead of getting serious thoughts and feedback.

My bad on the 2004 LaTech game, never made it inside the OB from the tailgate. Beer was too cold and the burgers too good to venture inside and watch the inevitable beat down.

Good, I was getting worried we weren't going to have our annual circle jerk over an onsite stadium

thispost1.jpg

There isn't exactly a lot of empty land near campus.

A newer, smaller stadium could only be built somewhere way out west/southwest.

Going from Miami Gardens to Kendall isn't exactly an upgrade.

Advertisement
Marlins get relocated in 15 years and we take over Marlins Park and renovate into a football stadium suitable for the Canes

Advertisement
Advertisement
Marlins get relocated in 15 years and we take over Marlins Park and renovate into a football stadium suitable for the Canes

That's the best case scenario actually. Hard Rock is an amazing venue, eff what the haters say! However, having your own stadium just can't be beat in almost any case. It would probably cost about the same to convert it from baseball to football as it is to renovate a run-down existing stadium so I say go for it if the opportunity presents itself. I don't see the Marlins relocating tho, I see the Rays being gone far sooner than the Marlins and that's not even the same area code. The Rays being gone will only benefit the Marlins as well, making it further unlikely the Marlins would relocate.

Advertisement
UM Richmond Facility (Formerly known as "South Campus")

The Richmond Facility, established in 2001, is a 76-acre site in south Miami-Dade County. Research facilities for the Rosenstiel School’s Center for Southeastern Tropical Advanced Remote Sensing (CSTARS) and Richmond Satellite Operations Center (RSOC) are located on a portion of the new facility.

Capture813.jpg

Delete your account

Advertisement
Back