New Roster

Advertisement
Amditis didn't get medical redshirt? He's listed as a sophomore.

Wouldn't take that roster as gospel. Benito Varela, Reed Fell, and Alex Cabrera appear to be JUCO transfers but are listed as freshmen.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Wouldn't take that roster as gospel. Benito Varela, Reed Fell, and Alex Cabrera appear to be JUCO transfers but are listed as freshmen.

I hope you are right, since it doesn't list three of the 14 freshmen who enrolled in the summer (if I am reading it correctly). Don't know why they'd enroll in the summer and then not be on the roster. I guess we'll find out after fall practice begins.

I hope you are right, since it doesn't list three of the 14 freshmen who enrolled in the summer (if I am reading it correctly). Don't know why they'd enroll in the summer and then not be on the roster. I guess we'll find out after fall practice begins.

We have 31 players on the roster. I believe that we can only keep 25, but am not sure. Thought Torral was gone, but he is on the roster.

University of Miami Hurricanes Official Athletic Site

Pretty sure it's 35, but I was more concerned w the missing freshman names (McMahon, Jenkins, Allen)? I thought they enrolled in the summer, so, hopefully this is incomplete.

No Robert Touron either. Did I miss something on him, and he never enrolled?

Advertisement
We have 31 players on the roster. I believe that we can only keep 25, but am not sure. Thought Torral was gone, but he is on the roster.

Pretty sure it's 35, but I was more concerned w the missing freshman names (McMahon, Jenkins, Allen)? I thought they enrolled in the summer, so, hopefully this is incomplete.

He decided to go the JC route if I recall.

He decided to go the JC route if I recall.

Welll crap. Thank you for the 411. hadn't heard that.

You were right - the three freshmen missing initially have been added to the roster. On paper, this appears to be a talented group. Let's coach them up and contend again in the next couple of years.

They are now showing 36 players on the roster. Per NCAA, they can keep 35, so I will be cut. I wonder how so many players were able to afford the tuition.... That is ~60,000 per annum for 10 of those guys. I know 2 of the players come from wealthy families, but still........

"The average NCAA Division I baseball team has a roster of 35 players but only a maximum of 11.7 ... For more information see our page on scholarship limits."

Advertisement
0 Gregory Veliz RHP So.
2 Danny Reyes OF Jr.
4 Michael Burns OF R-Sr.
7 Christopher McMahon RHP Fr.
9 Benito Varela 3B/C Fr.
10 Romy Gonzalez INF Jr.
14 Evan McKendry RHP So.
16 Willy Escala INF Fr.
17 Anthony Masiello LHP So.
18 Michael Mediavilla LHP Sr.
19 Jeb Bargfeldt LHP Sr.
21 Hunter Tackett OF Sr.
22 Albert Maury, Jr. RHP So.
24 Michael Amditis C So.
27 Daniel Epstein LHP R-Jr.
28 Ray Gil 3B Fr.
30 Alejandro Toral 1B Fr.
31 Isaac Quinones C Fr.
32 Alex Ruiz RHP Fr.
34 Daniel Rivero RHP So.
35 Andrew Cabezas RHP Jr.
36 Jeremy Cook LHP Fr.
37 Kam Lane OF Jr.
38 Connor Allen 1B Fr.
39 Cooper Hammond RHP R-Sr.
40 Alex Cabrera INF Fr.
43 Gabe Rivera OF Fr.
44 Dylan Cloonan OF/LHP Fr.
45 Joe Sparber C Fr.
47 Michael Perez INF R-Sr.
48 Brandon Kaminer LHP Fr.
51 Tony Jenkins OF Fr.
52 Frankie Bartow RHP Jr.
53 Reed Fell INF Fr.
55 Freddy Zamora INF Fr.
99 Daniel Federman RHP Fr.

They are now showing 36 players on the roster. Per NCAA, they can keep 35, so I will be cut. I wonder how so many players were able to afford the tuition.... That is ~60,000 per annum for 10 of those guys. I know 2 of the players come from wealthy families, but still........

"The average NCAA Division I baseball team has a roster of 35 players but only a maximum of 11.7 ... For more information see our page on scholarship limits."

Don't want to get into another long board debate, but wonder if tuition would even cross anyones mind if we ripped of a string of ACC Championships and perhaps a recent National Championship. I for one seriously doubt we would wonder how X player could even afford to play at Miami if times were better.

For those fortunate enough to play for the program, and attend the university, I hope they are smart enough to take advantage of the environment and top 50 education. Yes, there are some we will lose, but on the flip side I am sure we gain a few as well due to being a private school, top education, smaller classes...

Advertisement
Tuition helps a lot with football. Richt shows the US News rankings to recruits and also compares UM with SEC schools. Class size supposedly helps a lot as well. The illicit payments by the SEC schools helps combat these advantages. People cite Hard Rock, but that is now a recruiting advantage. Kids love the idea of playing in a pro stadium. Not to mention that UM's locker room at Hard Rock is purportedly amazing.

In baseball, it hurts the program. No private school matches UM over the past 20 years. Not even Stanford. Some private schools have solid 5-7 year runs, but they are rare. Vanderbilt has done better recently, but we will see if they can maintain it. Am in shock that they were able to matriculate so many players this year. Future looks bright.

Tuition helps a lot with football. Richt shows the US News rankings to recruits and also compares UM with SEC schools. Class size supposedly helps a lot as well. The illicit payments by the SEC schools helps combat these advantages. People cite Hard Rock, but that is now a recruiting advantage. Kids love the idea of playing in a pro stadium. Not to mention that UM's locker room at Hard Rock is purportedly amazing.

In baseball, it hurts the program. No private school matches UM over the past 20 years. Not even Stanford. Some private schools have solid 5-7 year runs, but they are rare. Vanderbilt has done better recently, but we will see if they can maintain it. Am in shock that they were able to matriculate so many players this year. Future looks bright.

TCU has been pretty incredible for baseball over the past decade, but your point is well taken.

Miami will be vastly improved this year. The recruiting class last year was awful, and that's not hindsight, you could see it before they ever got here and the results on the field spoke for themselves.

Miami will be vastly improved this year. The recruiting class last year was awful, and that's not hindsight, you could see it before they ever got here and the results on the field spoke for themselves.

Looks like quite a bit of young talent and some excitement going forward.

Advertisement
Back