New Roster

If Amditis (sic) does not break his leg, we would have been much better last year. I have never seen a team that returned so many players, coupled with the 4 JUCO transfers, regress as much as the squad did last year. They closed the year out strongly, but that was the worst team Miami fielded in the past 20-years.

I think that they will have a better team this year, but will await the results with trepidation.......

Advertisement
Pitching should be very solid:

starters:

Bargfeldt
Veliz
McKendry
McMahon

bullpen:

Cabezas
Maury
Masiello
Mediavilla
Bartow
Hammond

Alex Ruiz and Benito Varela are both out for the season after having Tommy John surgery

Looks like the roster has been cut down post-Fall. Benito Varela, Anthony Masiello, and Brandon Kaminer are no longer listed.

Advertisement
I wonder how so many players were able to afford the tuition.... That is ~60,000 per annum for 10 of those guys. I know 2 of the players come from wealthy families, but still........

There aren't ten people on campus who pay $60,000 to go to UM.

There are more than 10 people on campus that are paying full freight, to think otherwise is stupidity on an enormous scale. There are well over 20 "Development" admits in every incoming class, those are kids who have significantly lower scores than the typical incoming freshman, but their parents are loaded so they are admitted with the tacit understanding that those parents will make a donation. How do I know this? I tutored a ton of them when I worked in the ARC. There's a reason why Miami is slowly going away from giving merit aid, and it's because they can stock a significant part of each incoming class with qualified kids whose families are willing and able to pay full freight.

I wonder how so many players were able to afford the tuition.... That is ~60,000 per annum for 10 of those guys. I know 2 of the players come from wealthy families, but still........

There aren't ten people on campus who pay $60,000 to go to UM.

There are more than 10 people on campus that are paying full freight, to think otherwise is stupidity on an enormous scale. There are well over 20 "Development" admits in every incoming class, those are kids who have significantly lower scores than the typical incoming freshman, but their parents are loaded so they are admitted with the tacit understanding that those parents will make a donation. How do I know this? I tutored a ton of them when I worked in the ARC. There's a reason why Miami is slowly going away from giving merit aid, and it's because they can stock a significant part of each incoming class with qualified kids whose families are willing and able to pay full freight.

If you're going to jump in three months late, at least understand the context of the discussion.

Advertisement
Back