New Raising Canes video - preview of first Al Golden camp

Which was more dumbassery, because McCarthy was a crappy middle linbacker. Spence should have been playing the middle all along, he was the ony linebacker they had who had what it took between the ears to play middle.

McCarthy is one of the best young middle linebackers in the NFL.

Advertisement
Which was more dumbassery, because McCarthy was a crappy middle linbacker. Spence should have been playing the middle all along, he was the ony linebacker they had who had what it took between the ears to play middle.

McCarthy is one of the best young middle linebackers in the NFL.

Agreed. And Sharpton might have a shot to crack the lineup with D. Ryans going to Philly.

Sharpton was the mike in 2009. Colin the will. Sean the Sam.

Little did we know while we were watching this unit suffer... 3 future NFLers, one of whom is an up and coming star, one of whom is Spence (a beast), and Sharpton gets burn.

Agreed. And Sharpton might have a shot to crack the lineup with D. Ryans going to Philly.

There are some veteran observers in Houston who think Sharpton was a better 3-4 ILB than Ryans last year when healthy, and that's why they made the move.

Advertisement
At the end there, Golden mentioned how huge it was that the team was buying into working hard while not having guys complain about working hard.

SMH. I hope most if not all of the cancer players are gone by now.

I hope so too. Even with the departure of overtalented but underachieving Shamminized kids like the geniuses that left early for 6th round contract deals, Golden still has to work with about 30ish Shannon kids - not all of them are infected with Shamminitis but all must be monitored very closely (looking at you RRA, Vaugn, McGee, Buchanon). And even with some of the 50ish Golden kids that will be on this team come 2012, there will undoubtedly be busts and potential cancers that will need to be excised at some point - i have no doubt that Golden will do what he needs to do with these kids, instead of letting the culture of the program get poisoned by these tumors.

Wasn't Spence moved to Sam his sophmore year or something along those lines?

It's debatable but I would call his year something of a slump. The move was borne out of the fact that he was a better SAM than McCarthy was and somebody has to play strong. The best threesome was the threesome as played. Spence did get hurt and certainly that contributed to things. Nonetheless, it was still a slump because he played much better at SAM at other points in his career (ie the rest of his career).

Really enjoyed the film room stuff.

Even Spence had a sophomore slump, but I'll be damned if I'm not expecting spectacular things from Perryman.

Spence did not have a sophomore slump. Remember Randy moved him to SAM and was way to small to play SAM at 215 lbs. I can't recall but did someone get hurt that year that forced the move of Spence to SAM or was that all Randy.

Advertisement
Back