New Raising Canes video - preview of first Al Golden camp

NorthFlaCane

Senior
[video=youtube;j5xEs5G8Dow]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=j5xEs5G8Dow[/video]

Hopefully we're adding another commit after this weekend

Advertisement
Advertisement
Played OL in college.....

* That was Textbook..double to weakside Backer that Ben Jones did...(He made his block easier for the tackle coming down...then he picked the right backer...and sealed that boi completely.

Looked good their...him coming off the bench as a 5th yr guy will be solid for us...and thats him at guard a spot hes never played.

* I remember watching the Dorsett play and thinking got**** Perryman looked like a bat shot out of **** running that down. We need 10 more of him on d...

Pretty sure that is the first interview I've ever heard Jones do in 5 years

Really enjoyed the film room stuff.

Even Spence had a sophomore slump, but I'll be damned if I'm not expecting spectacular things from Perryman.

Advertisement
Loved the emphasis on the little things( which collectively are huge): second effort, situation football, having a football IQ

If you don't think Golden and Co. are bringing something to the table that has been missing at Coral Gables for a long time, well, we'll just have to agree to disagree

BTW, just looking at the development of Ben Jones, it makes me wonder, how many guys in the past decade could have reached a higher ceiling with this current culture that's in place

Last edited:
Loved the emphasis on the little things( which collectively are huge): second effort, situation football, having a football IQ

If you don't think Golden and Co. are bringing something to the table that has been missing at Coral Gables for a long time, well, we'll just have to agree to disagree

BTW, just looking at the development of Ben Jones, it makes me wonder, how many guys in the past decade could have reached a higher ceiling with this current culture that's in place
too many to count

Yep. And we've got some Shammin fans on here still blaming "coaching" for our shi**y record last year. lol.

Our struggles last year had nothing to do with coaching or schemes or any of that other garbage. Had EVERYTHING to do with the sewage attitude and program culture, the utter and complete underperformance of guys with NFL talent showing the heart of a ***king pussycat.

Yep. And we've got some Shammin fans on here still blaming "coaching" for our shi**y record last year. lol.

Our struggles last year had nothing to do with coaching or schemes or any of that other garbage. Had EVERYTHING to do with the sewage attitude and program culture, the utter and complete underperformance of guys with NFL talent showing the heart of a ***king ****cat.

Yup.

Advertisement

Our struggles last year had nothing to do with coaching or schemes or any of that other garbage. Had EVERYTHING to do with the sewage attitude and program culture, the utter and complete underperformance of guys with NFL talent showing the heart of a ***king pussycat.

Sounds pretty Accurate to me...

JC

Perfect post, k9cane.

Even Spence had a sophomore slump, but I'll be damned if I'm not expecting spectacular things from Perryman.

Spence did not have a sophomore slump. Remember Randy moved him to SAM and was way to small to play SAM at 215 lbs. I can't recall but did someone get hurt that year that forced the move of Spence to SAM or was that all Randy.

Advertisement
At the end there, Golden mentioned how huge it was that the team was buying into working hard while not having guys complain about working hard.

SMH. I hope most if not all of the cancer players are gone by now.

Spence did not have a sophomore slump. Remember Randy moved him to SAM and was way to small to play SAM at 215 lbs. I can't recall but did someone get hurt that year that forced the move of Spence to SAM or was that all Randy.

Just going off the top of my head, but wasn't that move because the staff wanted McCarthy in the middle? And Spence slid over to take his spot because I believe the coaches thought he could handle that position better than Buchanon.

Which was more dumbassery, because McCarthy was a crappy middle linbacker. Spence should have been playing the middle all along, he was the ony linebacker they had who had what it took between the ears to play middle.

Advertisement
Back