New Pres.

In one breath this idiot is raving about Shalala's fundraising and financial accomplishments, than turning around saying UM cant afford to fire Golden with his next.

Which one is it shill?

There's too much money, or not enough?

Fundraising for academics is not the same as fundraising for athletics. She's done wonders for academics and facilities. Athletics, she's done some good--eg, getting us a steady paycheck in the ACC--but athletics in general is a money-loser for nearly every university.

Oh, I get it now. Thanks employee. We have a ton of ACC money and a $100m athletic fundraiser on top of an almost billion dollar endowment, but Golden's contract is written so poorly they still can't afford to buy it out.

Gosh darnett im stupid, thanks for clearing that up!

Advertisement
OK, you got me. They suck at hiring for the football team, therefore their opinions with regard to hiring a prez are suspect. Flawless logic. Particularly since the search committee for hiring a football staff/athletic director is not even close to similar to that looking for a prez.

Again, at this point we know that Stavridis is the main candidate that people are talking about. We don't know who the other 3 finalists are, but based on Stavridis's resume, I'd assume that they're on par with him.

Do you find fault with him being a finalist? Do you find fault with the current search committee?

First, again you fail to own your lies. Here is the post again:

money is, in fact, the reason they won't let him go right now. UM has very little of it, and apparently, according to their cost/benefit analysis, it's cheaper to keep him for next year.

Second, it isn't just the football team, I mentioned the hospital as well but you think that is foolish for some reason.

Third, I am aware there is a difference (between the search process) but what remains the same is the goal to find excellent candidates to lead who are passionate and competent. They've failed NUMEROUS times before and this is why I don't give them the benefit of the doubt.

As for James G. Stavridis, he is an interesting name. His name carries weight and prestige. He has accomplished a lot in the Navy.

"We don't know who the other 3 finalists are, but based on Stavridis's resume, I'd assume that they're on par with him."

Finally, this above is a classic porst by you. There is NO REASON to GIVE THEM THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT (based on their track record). Hence it is stupid to blindly support them. We have no reason to assume anything till the decision is made. Nobody gets credit for assembling a list either, you get credit for hiring an excellent candidate to lead who is passionate and competent.

Hey guys, let's pat ourselves on the back for assembling a great list. Is this real life? A list?

money is, in fact, the reason they won't let him go right now. UM has very little of it, and apparently, according to their cost/benefit analysis, it's cheaper to keep him for next year.

Oh, I get it now. Thanks employee. We have a ton of ACC money and a $100m athletic fundraiser on top of an almost billion dollar endowment, but Golden's contract is written so poorly they still can't afford to buy it out.

Gosh darnett im stupid, thanks for clearing that up!

There is a reason he won't return to the money myth thread.

This is seriously silly--you're so far off the rails all you can do is repost a post of mine from a totally different thread about a totally different topic.

I'd ASSUME that the other candidates are of similar stature because Stavridis is the only name we know, and is the only basis we've got to go on for this particular search committee.

In other words, we have one name upon which to judge them--Stavridis. And it's a good name. Ergo, I'm willing to believe that there are other esteemed finalists, and that we are not relegated to hiring some ideologue law prof with no admin experience. Given that Stavridis' name seems to be at the top of the list, I'm willing to believe that this particular search committee knows what it's doing.

You, OTOH, seem to saddle this particular committee with the baggage of other committees and for other sports-related hires which have nothing to do with a presidential position.

This is seriously silly--you're so far off the rails all you can do is repost a post of mine from a totally different thread about a totally different topic.

I'd ASSUME that the other candidates are of similar stature because Stavridis is the only name we know, and is the only basis we've got to go on for this particular search committee.

In other words, we have one name upon which to judge them--Stavridis. And it's a good name. Ergo, I'm willing to believe that there are other esteemed finalists, and that we are not relegated to hiring some ideologue law prof with no admin experience. Given that Stavridis' name seems to be at the top of the list, I'm willing to believe that this particular search committee knows what it's doing.

You, OTOH, seem to saddle this particular committee with the baggage of other committees and for other sports-related hires which have nothing to do with a presidential position.

First, again you fail to own your lies. Here is the post again:

You have no credibility or skill other than being great at dodging posts. Keep it up.

Second, please provide (with a source of public information) that Stavridis is on the list. The email I received from the school (yesterday), said nothing about the names of candidates. Please provide the source so we can celebrate about a non-accomplishment (like a list). So why are we celebrating nothing?

Third, even if he is on the list...Assembling a list is not an accomplishment ergo it means nothing. Since the board has no reason to get the benefit of the doubt we should probably not be inclined to celebrate this non-accomplishment.

Finally, Fain and Miller were responsible for ALL of those decisions as they rubber stamped them ergo they're somewhat responsible ergo they get no benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
Advertisement
In one breath this idiot is raving about Shalala's fundraising and financial accomplishments, than turning around saying UM cant afford to fire Golden with his next.

Which one is it shill?

There's too much money, or not enough?

I used to have a boss that was just like that.

I now work for myself.

Advertisement
Back