New Pres.

If Yucko gets the yob, I can't wait for Pete and the other newly minted credentialed CIS crew to ask her her thoughts on a proposed on campus football stadium. "Whatever it is, I'm against it!"

Can't hire her though, not enough there, there. I doubt that she would appreciate the equine reference with her feminist leanings, but i'd consider her a field horse in the race. Metaphorically speaking.

Advertisement
I'd hit it.

But for the sake of Miami Hurricanes football, hope and pray it's the military fella.

For the record, I don't think Yuracko gets the job but she got consideration because she was that, "Rising Star," type that another poster referenced earlier.

I still think it's Stavridis's to lose.

Do you know for certain if she is among the four finalists?

I do not know for certain that she is one of the 4 finalists but I heard her name being said back in January so she was at least getting late interest.

The search committee was finalized in mid-October. I'd bet they only got in a couple of meetings before the Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years holidays, so I don't think it's a reach to say that hearing this chicks name said by someone in January as a potential candidate doesn't particularly mean much, and shouldn't necessarily be interpreted as "late interest."

We're in late March and have only just now cut it to 4 finalists. If you'd have heard her name earlier this month, then I'd be concerned. As is, I stand by my initial thoughts that this chick is likely nowhere near the final list--so nothing to get worked up about.

Last edited:
Advertisement
For the record, I don't think Yuracko gets the job but she got consideration because she was that, "Rising Star," type that another poster referenced earlier.

I still think it's Stavridis's to lose.

Do you know for certain if she is among the four finalists?

I do not know for certain that she is one of the 4 finalists but I heard her name being said back in January so she was at least getting late interest.

The search committee was finalized in mid-October. I'd bet they only got in a couple of meetings before the Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years holidays, so I don't think it's a reach to say that hearing this chicks name said by someone in January as a potential candidate doesn't particularly mean much, and shouldn't necessarily be interpreted as "late interest."

We're in late March and have only just now cut it to 4 finalists. If you'd have heard her name earlier this month, then I'd be concerned. As is, I stand by my initial thoughts that this chick is likely nowhere near the final list--so nothing to get worked up about.

I classified her as having late interest because there were some major board people that were fans and that carries a lot of weight. But either way I doubt she'd be a finalist because she's too divisive but it was a name I had heard relatively recently so I just passed it along.

Seems they're having a lot of trouble finding anyone competent who wants to be here. Probably the word is out in academia like it is with the football program. It's a #### job.

Seems they're having a lot of trouble finding anyone competent who wants to be here. Probably the word is out in academia like it is with the football program. It's a #### job.

I wonder if Gruden or Leach are interested in the prez job.

Advertisement

Stavridis is a pretty well known and well-respected dude. I'd wait until they unveil the list of four finalists before whining about the lack of competence from the field.

Stavridis is a pretty well known and well-respected dude. I'd wait until they unveil the list of four finalists before whining about the lack of competence from the field.

Because this school deserves the benefit of the doubt, right?

Which means that it's totally logical to say things like "Seems like they're having trouble finding anyone competent" without knowing who the **** is actually on their list. Save for Stavridis, who we know is, in fact, competent.

Which means that it's totally logical to say things like "Seems like they're having trouble finding anyone competent" without knowing who the **** is actually on their list. Save for Stavridis, who we know is, in fact, competent.

It is because they haven't earned the benefit of the doubt.

If this school had a great reputation for their hiring practices, then they would get the benefit of the doubt.

Since they don't, they don't get the benefit.

When you get a chance, help us out in these threads...

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/82257-The-Money-Myth/page3?highlight=the+money+myth

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/84204-Michigan-s-BOT-vs-Ours/page4?highlight=the+money+myth

Advertisement
who are the 4 candidates. the admiral, the hyper feminist ??

We don't know yet. The four finalists have only just been named within the last week or so, and their names haven't yet been made public.

My best guess is that Stavridis is among the finalists and that Yuracko is not--her resume is just too thin for anything more than passing interest.

Advertisement

If this school had a great reputation for their hiring practices, then they would get the benefit of the doubt.

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/82257-The-Money-Myth/page3?highlight=the+money+myth

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/84204-Michigan-s-BOT-vs-Ours/page4?highlight=the+money+myth

What do you base your opinion that "they haven't earned the benefit of the doubt"? And who is the "they" here?

You do know that the hiring committee for UM president is different than the hiring committee for a football coach, right? And that the hiring committee for the new president is different than the committee that hired Donna?

Funny thing is, despite the hatred on the boaed for Donna (much because she's a liberal, some because of the fact that the football team has sucked), she's pretty **** well-respected in academic admin circles, and her tenure at UM is roundly regarded as successful.

What do you base your opinion that "they haven't earned the benefit of the doubt"? And who is the "they" here?

You do know that the hiring committee for UM president is different than the hiring committee for a football coach, right? And that the hiring committee for the new president is different than the committee that hired Donna?

Funny thing is, despite the hatred on the boaed for Donna (much because she's a liberal, some because of the fact that the football team has sucked), she's pretty **** well-respected in academic admin circles, and her tenure at UM is roundly regarded as successful.

First, we still wait for responses in those threads. I assume by now you have no response.

Second, I must state that I am not biased. I don't work for the school but I am an alumni. I assume you can say the same.

Third, you're right. This school has done a tremendous job at demonstrating incompetence. Here is a recent one:

http://m.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/education/um-med-schools-big-ambitions-led-big-layoffs/nP6f6/

http://www.floridatrend.com/article/15708/overreach

I don't care if the Troll is conservative or liberal, I don't care if she likes men. None of that means anything too me. I'm just glad she is leaving.

First, we still wait for responses in those threads. I assume by now you have no response.

Second, I must state that I am not biased. I don't work for the school but I am an alumni. I assume you can say the same.

Third, you're right. This school has done a tremendous job at demonstrating incompetence. Here is a recent one:

http://m.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/education/um-med-schools-big-ambitions-led-big-layoffs/nP6f6/

http://www.floridatrend.com/article/15708/overreach

I don't care if the Troll is conservative or liberal, I don't care if she likes men. None of that means anything too me. I'm just glad she is leaving.

I must've really struck a nerve with you. I'm not going back to that nonsensical thread. If I'd have wanted to continue the conversation, I would have done so long ago.

Ah, right...a couple of 2 or 3 year old articles about the med school BS. In which, ironically, Shalala did not act like a typical liberal, but instead acted like a big-business republican and culled 900 unnecessary position from a behemoth that had grown inefficient, and which, ultimately, had little-to-no effect on UM's solid med school reputation.

Never mind the massive uptick in overall national perception about UM academics. Never mind the massive fundraising efforts that put UM on rock-steady footing for the future.

Sure, you have no bias whatsoever.

Last edited:
I must've really struck a nerve with you. I'm not going back to that nonsensical thread. If I'd have wanted to continue the conversation, I would have done so long ago.

Ah, right...a couple of 2 or 3 year old articles about the med school BS. In which, ironically, Shalala did not act like a typical liberal, but instead acted like a big-business republican and culled 900 unnecessary position from a behemoth that had grown inefficient, and which, ultimately, had little-to-no effect on UM's solid med school reputation.

Sure, you have no bias whatsoever.

You didn't strike a nerve, you make me laugh. Your lack of response is a way of saying "I have no response, because I made it up and have nothing to say."

Yes 2 or 3 year old articles about the mismanagement (fiscally) of the hospital/med-school. None of it is BS anyway, this is all very real. I'm sorry that it makes the people you work for look bad but it is true.

I have no bias, I don't. I want all aspects of UM to succeed. I notice how you can't say the same thing because it hurts those you support.

Advertisement
Back