New OT offer

You're going after Plan C, D, and E kids...I think that notion alone is worthy or critique.

Nah, plan B with a little C sprinkled in...I mean should we be trying to poach Bama?

I think the coaches view the local OL types outside of Smith as the D/E types you are speaking of. Fans on this board weren't impressed with most of them, saw them the same exact way outside of Wilson (who supposedly gonna have trouble getting in anywhere) in February and now they are in love with them? Seems like to me the coaches are finding the ones they do like and can project. JMO.

Again decommits from 8 and 10 month kids are never easy to deal with, but I think all the crying should be saved, and that we should realize the coaches have seen all these local options, and are offering kids they think are better...And finally that it should be judged in Feb. But crying seems to be what's in.

Advertisement
Nah, plan B with a little C sprinkled in...I mean should we be trying to poach Bama?

I think the coaches view the local OL types outside of Smith as the D/E types you are speaking of. Fans on this board weren't impressed with most of them, saw them the same exact way outside of Wilson (who supposedly gonna have trouble getting in anywhere) in February and now they are in love with them? Seems like to me the coaches are finding the ones they do like and can project. JMO.

Again decommits from 8 and 10 month kids are never easy to deal with, but I think all the crying should be saved, and that we should realize the coaches have seen all these local options, and are offering kids they think are better...And finally that it should be judged in Feb. But crying seems to be what's in.

Its December 5th...I do not believe these guys are "Plan B" types. These are significantly tiered lower than our initial batch of evaluations. They are hitting low end P5 and G5 level prospects. That's not Plan B. And, as I said in a previous post...it is clear they have evaluated the local talents to be ****, really. Because if you're at this point, this hard up for linemen, and still not offering them...yeah, they think these guys stink. Then I watch them offer Pendlay, who on the camp circuit was not very good and in the season doesn't look much better than some of the other players we've turned down, and I wonder wtf they are looking at.

Its December 5th...I do not believe these guys are "Plan B" types. These are significantly tiered lower than our initial batch of evaluations. They are hitting low end P5 and G5 level prospects. That's not Plan B. And, as I said in a previous post...it is clear they have evaluated the local talents to be ****, really. Because if you're at this point, this hard up for linemen, and still not offering them...yeah, they think these guys stink. Then I watch them offer Pendlay, who on the camp circuit was not very good and in the season doesn't look much better than some of the other players we've turned down, and I wonder wtf they are looking at.

Disagree on Pendley's game film. Looks similar to Tarquin to me. Maybe a little stronger...Was actually pleasantly surprised.

Jess Simpson helping out the OL recruiting offer Jakai Clark in Georgia, steal him from Illinois

Advertisement
Loganville (Ga.) Grayson High School OL Jakai Clark is an Illinois commitment who lists 19 scholarship offers.

And the Canes are working hard to sway him.

“I’ve talked to coach (Stacy) Searels and coach (Jess) Simpson,” Clark said. “I'll visit (officially) this weekend, leave on Friday and come back Sunday.”
Clark landed the offer tonight when he talked with Searels on the phone.

"He told me the reason he didn't offer earlier is because when I was committed to Auburn he felt they didn't really have a chance, and also they had another center committed who recently decommitted," said Clark. "He said he is offering and wants me to be that guy."

The chance for Miami?

“There’s a small chance,” Clark said. “I’m still committed to Illinois, still like Illinois and plan to go to Illinois. I’m just listening to coaches, will see what Miami has to offer and if I go there and like it more than Illinois then there’s a chance I could go to Miami.”

Interesting player. Great body to develop- big lower half, upper-body clearly has seen no weight training.

He moves extremely well. Definitely a boom-or-bust project.

I'm speechless ....

He needs 2 years in the program before you will have any idea if he can play, and even then, from what I saw (briefly), he's 40/60 to make it. Just not the kind of recruit/project that helps you win championships

I'm speechless ....

He needs 2 years in the program before you will have any idea if he can play, and even then, from what I saw (briefly), he's 40/60 to make it. Just not the kind of recruit/project that helps you win championships

Isn't that pretty much exactly the definition of "boom or bust project"?

I'm speechless ....

Like I said, boom or bust. What part are you speechless about?

Advertisement
So, our December 6th Board looks a lil something like this...

OT

Evan Neal
Darius Washington
CJ Elmonus
Adam El Gammel

iOL

Dontae Lucas
Maurice Smith
Jakai Moore
Nick Pendley

Grad Transfers

Tommy Kennedy

This is really bad, considering we have ZERO committed.

You need say...4 guys and have 8 offers out...of those 8, all but ONE (Evan Neal) is committed to another school.

This is objectively funny.

Golden was offering skill position guys out of there. No problem in going up there to get linemen. IDK if you havent noticed but south florida linemen arent very good usually.

I don’t understand where this narrative comes from for OL. Yeah OL aren’t produced like skill position players but we have had some very good ones and have missed on even more. Just off the top of my head Orlando Franklin, Brandon Linder, Bobby Hart, Erick Flowers, both McDermott brothers, Cajuste (possible 1st round pick playing at West Virginia), Denver Kirkland, Donaldson, Scaife, Avery Young, Danny Isadora, and Feliciano are all conference caliber to very good Power 5 OL that SFL has produced. A problem we have had here is coaching and not identifying talent in the trenches. SFL has shown recently that you can recruit a fair number of OL down here and supplement your classes with 1 or 2 from other parts of FL and the rest of the country.

Wilson, Pope, Smith, Fox, and Boateng should have all been offered months ago even with Eguakan and Tarquin on board. Take the first 2 that commit and keep contact with the rest, while leaving a spot for Neal and Lucas available.

Advertisement
Loganville (Ga.) Grayson High School OL Jakai Clark is an Illinois commitment who lists 19 scholarship offers.

And the Canes are working hard to sway him.

“I’ve talked to coach (Stacy) Searels and coach (Jess) Simpson,” Clark said. “I'll visit (officially) this weekend, leave on Friday and come back Sunday.”
Clark landed the offer tonight when he talked with Searels on the phone.

"He told me the reason he didn't offer earlier is because when I was committed to Auburn he felt they didn't really have a chance, and also they had another center committed who recently decommitted," said Clark. "He said he is offering and wants me to be that guy."

The chance for Miami?

“There’s a small chance,” Clark said. “I’m still committed to Illinois, still like Illinois and plan to go to Illinois. I’m just listening to coaches, will see what Miami has to offer and if I go there and like it more than Illinois then there’s a chance I could go to Miami.”

That is kid is a beast. Has two other teammates committed to Michigan and Tennessee but I think he may be the best of that group.

Advertisement
Back