New OL offer: Jackson Brown

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
6’6 295 with the type of frame you look for. Isn’t sloppy and is really athletic. He’s blowing up but I expect to get him if we want him. There’s a connection to Jim Kelly who’s actually really involved in his life since his dad passed. He says he knows a lot about us and our history.

Scouting report: really fluid with no wasted movement. Anchors well and knows to use leverage to drive somebody back. Long kid with above average arm length. Looks like he can definitely be a dominant Right tackle but is playable at all 5 positions. Surprised that he’s blowing up this late. Needs a weight room like most linemen but could be in the 2 deep freshman year.

Grade: Top 400 - 450 player in the country

Future high level P5 starter. Has NFL potential.

Advertisement
Advertisement
6’6 295 with the type of frame you look for. Isn’t sloppy and is really athletic. He’s blowing up but I expect to get him if we want him. There’s a connection to Jim Kelly who’s actually really involved in his life since his dad passed. He says he knows a lot about us and our history.
We have recruits that are legacies going to other schools and I don’t think Jim Kelly would push this kid to goto Miami because of football.

Berkeley sucks, but maybe he wants to be driving distance to home, not a 6 hour flight

Really like this kid’s film. He straight mauls anyone that he is blocking. Keeps legs moving and stays “stuck” on target. Also gets his helmet across to set the edge. Pulls nicely too. Gets to second level when uncovered. Not sure about the competition and if his size is an enormous advantage, but would be great to get someone in like this. This is the kind of player that Michigan gets. Would be amazing if we could pull him, especially from CA.

Advertisement
Like his film.

He zone blocks real well with a nice get off. He gets to the 2nd level and walls off backers rather easily. He FINISHES blocks which i like and has nice feet with a really good frame to work with. Also appears to play Basketball which im a fan of...and likely why he has good feet

Not sure of his talent level but if we were to land this kid he would automatically jump to the 2nd team rotation at worst in my opinion

Last edited:
Advertisement
whats the jim kelly connection?
His dad is old teammates and was really good friends with him. When his dad passed Jim made sure to be in his life.

He basically made it seem in the interview that if we pushed for him then he’ll be here. Jim has made sure he knows a ton about this university.

His dad is old teammates and was really good friends with him. When his dad passed Jim made sure to be in his life.

He basically made it seem in the interview that if we pushed for him then he’ll be here. Jim has made sure he knows a ton about this university.
You think the distance is a major factor considering he's committed to his local school Cal ?

Advertisement
You think the distance is a major factor considering he's committed to his local school Cal ?
If a kid wants to be here then distance doesn’t matter. See Jake Garcia, Brevin Jordan, and Bubba Bolden.

Advertisement
Back