new offense

Advertisement
I always read the drivers manual when I buy a new automobile. I also think that our guys on offense have been playing together for so long that they may not skip a beat.

Ordinarily I would say yes but with a senior qb and Coley changing his terminology to what Morris already knows I dont think so. Golden even said in interviews Morris is beyond the plays and x's and o's but now understands the concepts completely.

And who knows how much of that offense Coley plans to keep, that was Jimbo calling the shots, Coley only helped put the gameplan together. I feel really good about our offense next year and feel like we have a legit chance to put up 35 pts. or more a game, hopefully closer to 40.

Advertisement
I just hope to God we don't run those "read-option" plays FSU would run with EJ Manuel.

They hardly ever work and that has never been our style.

Nfl scouts have said that Jimbos offense is too complicated for college football and most dont like the system at all.

Last edited:
I just hope to God we don't run those "read-option" plays FSU would run with EJ Manuel.

They hardly ever work and that has never been our style.

They hardly ever worked because of EJ, he couldn't make the read. He was terrible at it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
First thing Golden said was Coley is adjusting his offense to fit us.

Next question.

Stephen Morris probably has a higher football IQ, he just needs to improve his touch and accuracy.

Advertisement
makes you wonder how the **** 1 NFL team thought EJ had a 1st round grade. Intangibles, frame? Oh yes, it was the Buffalo Bills...

Advertisement
In several interviews Golden has said we are keeping Fisch's playbook and Coley will have to learn it , then use what he wants from the Book. Miami has its offense and play book for years to come designed by a future NFL OC guru in Jedd Fisch, you don't through that away for pot luck special cooked by Coley, who's only claim to fame was working under Jimbo who never really had hands off the stove.

I know Coley likes that spread and running QB but this is UM where our QB's deliver/distribute the ball only they don't carry the mail. Coley has dubbed his type of offense the Pro-Spread well that was invented here at UM by one Dennis Erickson.

Here is a GREAT ARTICLE on the subject, also notice in the video of Wash St. Offense and how it looks just like what UM ran in the spring :cool:
http://smartfootball.com/offense/the-original-one-back-spread-offense

UM's office will revisit the Past only with 1 wrinkly more Deep ball (which why this is fitting)
[video=youtube;icQ6_0QPrww]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icQ6_0QPrww&feature=player_embedded[/video]
[video=youtube;4D9WVH-KU14]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D9WVH-KU14[/video]

Last edited:
makes you wonder how the **** 1 NFL team thought EJ had a 1st round grade. Intangibles, frame? Oh yes, it was the Buffalo Bills...

Some of yall Miami nuts need to let it go.... Jamarcus Russell was drafted 1ST... Ponder 12th it happens... and i think EJ is better then those two.

Advertisement
Back