NEW OC Dan Enos

Advertisement
Hurt is our next QB...

Douch bag complainers posting their virtual ****** in 3. 2. 1

:rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

Well, then I'll just continue being the ignorant one then, since you clearly must know "people who have worked with the individual"

Its all "guess work" sparky....its a message board for opinions.

I wanted a bigger name for bigger money.....that's all. Same for OL coach. Same for S&C coach.

Rooting for the guy like ****...I hope this will be his best coaching stop ever, because to this point...Alabama for one year is his clear highlight, surrounded by 4-5 star purchased talent EVERYWHERE, including his position.

UM

If he wasn’t tied to Bama would those who like the hire still like it?

He has had balanced offenses, with multiple 3,000 yd seasons. His reputation made him a top choice for the two of the top three teams in the country. Every QB he's coached has improved. I think I would say yes. Diaz has also coached against him a few times I think. Not always a reliable indicator, as Shannon/Nix proved, but I think in this case, Saban and Smart wanting to hire him is a good sign.

Advertisement
According to this poll, most people like the hire so far.

View attachment 75740

After reading this , I believe it will...

Enos boasts more than 20 years of experience coaching skill position players, over 10 years of play-calling experience and five years as the head coach at Central Michigan from 2010-14. At Alabama, he has helped Tagovailoa rewrite the Crimson Tide’s record books, and although Tagovailoa has had a stellar season, the job Enos has done with Hurts is more impressive.

Hurts clearly improved as a passer this past season with Enos as quarterbacks coach. The latter said he changed the former’s grip on the football and focused on his anticipation. And that was one of the reasons the junior chose to stay at Alabama was to improve his craft with Enos.
“He’s always had a good demeanor,” Enos said of Hurts. “But one conversation I had with him, he said, ‘I want to stay, I want to get better.’ So, I knew he wants to get coached. It was a great perk for me because I loved coaching him. What a credit to him and Coach Saban and this program. But before that, he was trying to get better anyway, so we just continued down that path.”

While at Media Day, Hurts added, “I think it has made a big difference, him and Coach Locksley being in the same room being able to put their hands on me. It’s been a very productive year.”

:rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

Well, then I'll just continue being the ignorant one then, since you clearly must know "people who have worked with the individual"

Its all "guess work" sparky....its a message board for opinions.

I wanted a bigger name for bigger money.....that's all. Same for OL coach. Same for S&C coach.

Rooting for the guy like ****...I hope this will be his best coaching stop ever, because to this point...Alabama for one year is his clear highlight, surrounded by 4-5 star purchased talent EVERYWHERE, including his position.

UM

Can’t be for bigger $. We broke the bank to beat out Bama & UGA for him. You think UGA wanted James Coley over Enos? lolz

Advertisement
Advertisement
Am I missing something (in reference to all these negative comments) but did some of you guys not watch Alabama's offense this year? Lets see...would you rather have Miami's 2018 offense or Alabama's 2018 offense - GEEZ!

Advertisement
I hope you're right. But I'm not enamored with this, and I don't think kids will be excited to play in the offense.

And even if they were, why wouldn't they just go to Georgia or Bama to do so? The key about hiring someone with spread concepts is that it would allow us to sell something most SEC teams (who are the schools stealing the South Florida talent) aren't equipped to sell. Instead, we get Georgia- or Bama-lite. It's just frustrating.

Few issues with that point. First off, Georgia’s offense and Alabama’s offense were very, very different this year. Georgia’s looked much more like Bama of years past with a lot of running, short passes and the occasional deep shot. Alabama was much more downfield.

Two, the term spread is very broad.

Three, we have absolutely no idea what Alabama’s offense will look like next year as they have to replace their entire staff.

Four, if we put up numbers like Alabama’s and have a guy who can sell his work with Tua and Jeudy, that will sell recruits, as will winning. His experience as a head coach and in saban’s factory will also help Diaz.

here is the kid from Jacksonville Mandarin and his recruiting coordinator at Bama.

afasdf.PNG

Advertisement
Back