NEW NIL Guidelines

Advertisement
My opinion:

1. This is a scare tactic that will be almost impossible to enforce.

2. All you need is an intermediary (a non-booster) to facilitate everything. Which the smart schools are already doing.

3. I'd be interested to see how this effects collectives. Is everyone who gives to a collective a booster?
Are forces onward to Indianapolis.

3o6ZtmpvztCVwqkI0g.gif

Tried to tell people that the NCAA was gonna try to bite back...

I love John Ruiz, I root for LifeWallet to kick a$$, I just wish he'd take things down a notch or two. No need to offer up a "this is what we are trying to address" example for the NCAA.

Move (and kill) in silence.
But, nothing written in that article was/is regarding Miami. Usc and Tennessee seem to be mentioned though

Advertisement
@pacusmc Said it best. This is CLEARLY about the "have-nots" about to close the gap with the "haves". USC and Miami are the main threats to the current empire of the SEC.

All things equal in it's current form, in 3-4 years half of the CFP teams would already be set in Miami and USC.

SEC is pushing Emmert to make one last pro-SEC rule before he resigns in 2023....it's disgusting and I hope the have-nots fight this.

Unbelievable how the SEC is responding to the bag game being legalized...

That's why I've always refused to watch two teams from the SEC play in the title game, it's not superiority in anything else but the ability to play the NIL game without restrictions under the table...

So the NCAA thinks all of these transfer portal kids and HS recruits don't talk NIL before signing? LOL okay.

Rules the NCAA should put in place:
1) Tampering with athletes prior to entering their name into the Portal. (Addison situation and many more).

2) Enforcing an NIL cap. Maybe do $500,000K/player cap? Obviously some guys are worth way more and some way less. Idk but if QBs are making 8 million dollars before throwing a football in a real game, that's insane. These college athletes work their *** off but are also being spoiled.

IDK what the **** the NCAA should do honestly. They screwed up by allowing this to be a free market and then not liking how that was going.

Rule #1 already exists.

Rule #2 probably would not survive a court challenge.

Advertisement
Rule #1 already exists.

Rule #2 probably would not survive a court challenge.
Agreed. But what can you do then? All these coaches from smaller schools are *****ing and moaning about tampering so that goes back #1. Just not sure what the NCAA can realistically do without creating an even bigger mess.

So the NCAA thinks all of these transfer portal kids and HS recruits don't talk NIL before signing? LOL okay.

Rules the NCAA should put in place:
1) Tampering with athletes prior to entering their name into the Portal. (Addison situation and many more).

2) Enforcing an NIL cap. Maybe do $500,000K/player cap? Obviously some guys are worth way more and some way less. Idk but if QBs are making 8 million dollars before throwing a football in a real game, that's insane. These college athletes work their *** off but are also being spoiled.

IDK what the **** the NCAA should do honestly. They screwed up by allowing this to be a free market and then not liking how that was going.
1) lol you will never be able to stop tampering. Even in the professional leagues they can’t stop it.

2) if I’m the next guaranteed future first round overall five star qb, I’m taking the NCAA straight to federal court for them to take another L.

I don’t see them putting a cap on coaches so FOH with capping the ones who actually put their bodies on the line.

Advertisement
Whether or not they can sanction RUIZ for so-called "tampering" ...after-the-fact... is one dubious proposition, although I don't doubt they will TRY...

...but for those bashing RUIZ for his loud exposure, c'mon, it's not like the sh&t wasnt gonna hit the fan on this out-of-control NIL hustle eventually ANYWAY!

At least now (later) when they soon put in NEW strict rules about zero advance communications with (promising) sponsors, not one commit target Miami has in its scope will doubt that nice NIL money and sponsors (like RUIZ) are there waiting with big checks... the overall resolution therefore likely helps us.

They talked a lot of sht about collectives and it’s not about that. They aren’t going to touch any sec’s go fund me page.
It’s about the non blue bloods getting players that the blue bloods wanted. Cfb has exploded in the last 20 years and those schools have been swimming in cash. They are gonna do everything they can to keep the status quo.
Even if they have to break the bank their gonna give money to the ncaa to go after those who aren’t part of the club.
Exactly this is the NCAA doing the SEC’s bidding to prevent specifically USC and UM from disrupting the status Quo.

Advertisement
"Retroactive" lol, riiiiiight.

Breaking, the US has outlawed all petroleum fuel vehicles that's retroactive to 2015. Anyone who has driven a gas powered vehicle in the last 5 years must immediately report to their closest correction facility to spend 24 months. Makes sense. :stupid:

Advertisement
Back