New NCAA rule

Advertisement
Infractions that occur as of Tuesday but are not resolved before Aug. 1. 2013, will be subject to the new sanctions. Schools currently under investigation, such as Miami, also could be hit with the new penalties if their cases are not resolved before Aug. 1, too.

"The committee on infractions could proceed under the new standards or could apply the penalties under the old standards, based on whatever is more beneficial to the institution," Strobel said.

Advertisement

Did you read the article:

Infractions that occur as of Tuesday but are not resolved before Aug. 1. 2013, will be subject to the new sanctions. Schools currently under investigation, such as Miami, also could be hit with the new penalties if their cases are not resolved before Aug. 1, too.

"The committee on infractions could proceed under the new standards or could apply the penalties under the old standards, based on whatever is more beneficial to the institution," Strobel said.

So yes, it could affect us, but what Bathtub said; we should have a ruling by then.

Retroactive punishment, I highly doubt it. Plus I think we find out well before August.

Retroactive punishment, I highly doubt it. Plus I think we find out well before August.

This

/End thread

Advertisement
The rule of lenity applies.

But here we are again discussing this as if the NCAA has to adhere to court of law rules.

That's the rule of lenity. I didn't say it. The director of enforcement of the NCAA said it.

Advertisement

But here we are again discussing this as if the NCAA has to adhere to court of law rules.

That's the rule of lenity. I didn't say it. The director of enforcement of the NCAA said it.

Ah, I missed that the first time around, however, I would be curious to know who is considered the 'institution' in this quote; the University or the NCAA.

Ah, I missed that the first time around, however, I would be curious to know who is considered the 'institution' in this quote; the University or the NCAA.

Pursuant to NCAA bylaws, "institution" refers to the school. Schools are known as "member institutions" or just "institutions."

Advertisement

Pursuant to NCAA bylaws, "institution" refers to the school. Schools are known as "member institutions" or just "institutions."

Well then, that is encouraging news.

Really appreciate how the writer went out of his way to single us out....the "love" we get amazes me

Advertisement
Back