New NCAA Rule and Dewan hypocrisy

TheRichtShow

Sophomore
Premium
A new NCAA rule has gone into effect allowing players to hire agents and still maintain their college eligibility.

Notably:

"Once they officially sign with an agent, players can only accept the following benefits: transportation, lodging and meals related to meeting with the agent or conducting workouts with NBA teams. Players do not have to pay back these expenses if they elect to return to school"

So the NCAA ended Hernandez's career over a hotel room he got from an agent. Now just a couple months later they say its actually okay to do. Complete and total BS, but of course the media will never point out what a joke this is

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/26371318/testing-nba-draft-waters-different-year

Advertisement
A new NCAA rule has gone into effect allowing players to hire agents and still maintain their college eligibility.

Notably:

"Once they officially sign with an agent, players can only accept the following benefits: transportation, lodging and meals related to meeting with the agent or conducting workouts with NBA teams. Players do not have to pay back these expenses if they elect to return to school"

So the NCAA ended Hernandez's career over a hotel room he got from an agent. Now just a couple months later they say its actually okay to do. Complete and total BS, but of course the media will never point out what a joke this is

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/26371318/testing-nba-draft-waters-different-year
Absolutely ridiculous! The NCAA is a biased and corrupt organization.

This rule change (and others) is long overdue... several postings suggesting it in this forum in last year. Wonder if NCAA reads? Yeah right.

Bad timing on Dewan's part. Like the Saints and the new NFL PI non-call review. Those ships have sailed.

My question to Dewan would still have to be, "What were you thinking?"

And, what was the final deal on Dewan? He got a free hotel room? I didn't know that. Was he on tap, if this was never uncovered, to receive those reported monetary payments as well?

Advertisement

Notably:

I assure you it wasn't hotel rooms that did Dewan in. It was more than that. #FakeNews

If all they had on Dewan (or he admitted to) was some hotel room and a few minor perks, in light of this new NCAA rule they should in fairness modify his suspension, like take all the rest of it off. Would be cool (for us) if that happened and he came back for 1 more year.

Advertisement
Did he remain in good academic standing once the negative NCAA decision came down? Just wondering.

That is what I don't know. I was hoping he stayed enrolled in school but I don't remember seeing him on the bench at the last few games.

This entire situation was mishandled by everyone involved.

If he did continue going to classes, more power to him. I doubt I would have felt that way, after months of being kept twisting in the wind.

Advertisement

Notably:

Mark Emmert needs to die!

Advertisement

Dewan was not invited to the NBA Combine. This is a good indication that he should return to school and play this season. That would help his draft stock more than anything else.

Wonder what the odds of Dewan doing that are? Also, how many games would he suspended for if he did come back? I've forgotten. And this assumes he's still in good academic standing to be able to resume studies, and that there's a scholly available for him.

Advertisement
Back