New NCAA redshirt rule

Advertisement
Can teams save the 4 games for the final four games? I'd rather save those games for the most important games and the kid still comes back as a freshman the next year. Lots of possibilities here. Might have all new impact players in the post-season.

Great news. We have 4 cupcakes after LSU so hopefully we can see Williams get some burn then again rOsIeR will find a way to make the Savannah State and FIU games close because, rOsIeR.

Can teams save the 4 games for the final four games? I'd rather save those games for the most important games and the kid still comes back as a freshman the next year. Lots of possibilities here. Might have all new impact players in the post-season.

Any 4 games

Advertisement
Advertisement
Great opportunity to try out some of the young OLinemen in different packages during some of those cupcake games.

Think I also just heard on Cowherd that they changed the transfer rules, that you don't need the coaches permission anymore.

NCAA finally did something right .. bodes well for young players maybe our qb/skill players can get their feet wet in the cupcake games or just the young players in general .. or hypothetically in a bowl game if someone wants to sit out for draft stock purposes you can throw someone else in there without the risk of losing a redshirt

This is BIG news to say the least....
After LSU we play 3 cupcakes, perfect time to get Williams some time in and still have a redshirt I’m just saying... Richt will certainly be more amped to see what the young gun can do during the actual season with this rule in effect

Advertisement
Yes it’s just up to any 4 games I believe

It doesn't make any sense to save the 4 games for the end.
No, what'll happen is a lot of freshman are going to get early pt in the season, to see what they can do. Then after they played 4 games we either RS them or keep playing them. It would make no sense to wait till the last 4 games of the season to play them - unless it's completely due to injury.

I'm excited for what this means for QBs. I really ******* hope Perry and Jarren are our QB for the first 4 weeks (pre-acc). If they play good, they start the rest of the season. If they play like ***, then and only then will Rosier play.

It doesn't make any sense to save the 4 games for the end.
No, what'll happen is a lot of freshman are going to get early pt in the season, to see what they can do. Then after they played 4 games we either RS them or keep playing them. It would make no sense to wait till the last 4 games of the season to play them - unless it's completely due to injury.

I'm excited for what this means for QBs. I really ******* hope Perry and Jarren are our QB for the first 4 weeks (pre-acc). If they play good, they start the rest of the season. If they play like ***, then and only then will Rosier play.
Agree with this approach.

Advertisement
Great news. We have 4 cupcakes after LSU so hopefully we can see Williams get some burn then again rOsIeR will find a way to make the Savannah State and FIU games close because, rOsIeR.

You have to be a smart guy to come up with all the dumb **** you poRst on here / ELITE!

"The council also decided that D-I football players will be allowed to play in up to four games in a season without losing a year of eligibility if they can no longer play because of injuries "or other factors."

NCAA eases rules on athlete transfers

Will be interesting to see the definition of "or other factors" is.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back