New names to keep an eye on?

We are playing follow tag with elite prospects that are essentially sealed to other schools

Like Bethel and Powell were sealed to us? Like Gayot was sealed to UL? IF you dont at least try, you surely arent going to get jack sh*t. You never know. Throw enough lines in the water, and you might just get a bite.

Advertisement
It's time to get behind our team and help them by posting positive things. WOW! would be HUGE! Great get! Reel him in coach. I'm a Cane until I die. I will never be against our coaches going H.A.M. and hitting the trail hard at the end. GET Treon.. Him in anything other than Orange and Green is just WRONG. He was born a Cane.
259.jpg

Sounds silly, but I actually think this is EXACTLY what everyone here should do until NSD. After that, people can go back to talking all the sh*t they want, but until then, we should be doing everything we can to sell this program to kids and make them think this is the best program they could ever play for.

Advertisement
gresham is a great fit but he is a texas kid who was going to kentucky to play for strong. now strong is in texas. doubt we get him

gresham is a great fit but he is a texas kid who was going to kentucky to play for strong. now strong is in texas. doubt we get him

Texas already has 2 RBs committed though. If they stick, there might not be room for Gresham. Many thought he was real high on UM last summer. If Strong doesnt take him to Texas with him, Id say he's a very real possibility to flip. Strong cant take every with him to Texas.

We are playing follow tag with elite prospects that are essentially sealed to other schools

If you're calling Treon Harris an "Elite" prospect, I'll respectfully disagree. At least at QB.

RE: Big Sky & Cane4life

I'm talking about the following recruiting situations. (All of the recruits mentioned below have recently been added to Golden's follow tag game)

Trey Lealaimatafao - Recently decommitted from Texas. Has taken 4 visits and his presumed leader Oregon will get the final visit on 1/17. We getting a kid from Texas that's never visited? A DT?

Arrion Springs - Elite DB that waited on an Oregon offer during the spring period. We were the presumed leader untill Oregon offered. Took visits to FSU and OU, but says he's still solid to Oregon. While we discontinued contact with Springs once he committed to Oregon, FSU and OU visited him at his school and pushed for a visit. Some expect him to remain firm to Oregon while others cite that a flip to OU is possible due to Depth chart and location.

Matt Elam - Kentucky football legend that states he is only considering Alabama and Kentucky. Reason alabama is in it is because their Bama while Kentucky had an absoultely terrible year but has been recruiting the kid since birth. SEC country. And honestly, when's the last time we got a kid out of SEC country when the top tier SEC schools heavily pursued that kid?

Even if we get these kids to take visits, which I doubt, the visits will be vacations.

I don't blame us attempting to get the blue chippers. We need to get these OOS blue chip players mixed in with the in state kids. But you can't start putting the full court press on these elite kids now. They've been getting the full court press for 15+ months by other nationally ranked schools.

What we've done with Jacques Patrick, (even though he's an in state kid) that's the way to go. Although I expect him to end up at FSU. What Hurlie did with Jacques is what we need to do with other elite OOS kids. Lamont galliard would've been at Miami if we offered earlier. Now we can't even get him to take a visit. His coach was on message boards begging for UM to offer his 5* DT. Imagine Valentine and Galliard in our class with Moten as our third best DT. Yeah, that one hurts me too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Getting back to business Al. The way F*ck State Univ. got a ring is the same way we have to get another one. RECRUITING, RECRUITING, RECRUITING. NCAA is off our backs now. Nobody has any slick Sh*t to say now about Miami. We just need to have all of it come together.

Since we want to talk fallow game , treon started following coley so he's obviously listening

I believe Gresham's family is originally from Kentucky and playing in front of family was one of the big draws to him in deciding on UL...

Advertisement
If UM is going to offer a linemen late UM should look for mean Center, our run game suffered this year because our center couldn't hold the point of attack on rushing plays. Texas gave UM Offensive Linemen Jason Fox a few years back and I think this year UM should working on flipping 2014 OC Jacob Bragg (kansas commit) , this kid had a stellar week of practice for the Under Armour Game. An put in some work during the game as well, I like him more the A'lique Terry or Raul Diaz. Also per reports Braggs is looking for bigger offers than Kansas an came to the UA Game to put on a show, which he did!

Here are his 2013 season SR highlights
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/866649/highlights/118520377?autoplay=1

Here are his Junior Yr Highlights
[video=youtube;H17FzL98CTo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H17FzL98CTo[/video]

Got to love the big uglies especially the country boys who love to put people in the DIRT (are you kidding me! that's straight up Wrastlin!)
[video=youtube;T2Gr-YRTYp0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2Gr-YRTYp0[/video]

Power Cleaning 330lbs as a Junior in high school
[video=youtube;RBvgTD2ai3s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBvgTD2ai3s[/video]

Last edited:
SO following recruits on twitter we will never get is now how we are making moves in recruiting? LULZ

We are gonna be bad for a long time

Advertisement
RE: Big Sky & Cane4life

I'm talking about the following recruiting situations. (All of the recruits mentioned below have recently been added to Golden's follow tag game)

Trey Lealaimatafao - Recently decommitted from Texas. Has taken 4 visits and his presumed leader Oregon will get the final visit on 1/17. We getting a kid from Texas that's never visited? A DT?

Arrion Springs - Elite DB that waited on an Oregon offer during the spring period. We were the presumed leader untill Oregon offered. Took visits to FSU and OU, but says he's still solid to Oregon. While we discontinued contact with Springs once he committed to Oregon, FSU and OU visited him at his school and pushed for a visit. Some expect him to remain firm to Oregon while others cite that a flip to OU is possible due to Depth chart and location.

Matt Elam - Kentucky football legend that states he is only considering Alabama and Kentucky. Reason alabama is in it is because their Bama while Kentucky had an absoultely terrible year but has been recruiting the kid since birth. SEC country. And honestly, when's the last time we got a kid out of SEC country when the top tier SEC schools heavily pursued that kid?

Even if we get these kids to take visits, which I doubt, the visits will be vacations.

I don't blame us attempting to get the blue chippers. We need to get these OOS blue chip players mixed in with the in state kids. But you can't start putting the full court press on these elite kids now. They've been getting the full court press for 15+ months by other nationally ranked schools.

What we've done with Jacques Patrick, (even though he's an in state kid) that's the way to go. Although I expect him to end up at FSU. What Hurlie did with Jacques is what we need to do with other elite OOS kids. Lamont galliard would've been at Miami if we offered earlier. Now we can't even get him to take a visit. His coach was on message boards begging for UM to offer his 5* DT. Imagine Valentine and Galliard in our class with Moten as our third best DT. Yeah, that one hurts me too.

I disagree to a point. Is there a great shot at getting these prospects? Probably not, however, it's worked in the past with Winslow and Grimble.

It's SOOOO easy to play Monday morning quarterback in recruiting. Should have offered this kid, shouldn't have offered this one, should have offered this one earlier, we offered this one too early. It's a juggling act. Golden/staff are dealing with a real # of prospects they can bring in.

It'd be nice if we could offer every kid in the nation at every position, recruit them all 100% and take our pick. As you know it doesn't work that way. We've had a few de-commits (Golden's fault) and now he's shooting for the moon. I don't have a problem with that at all. I'd rather him do that then just fill the spot with a player that has about a 10% of being a starter in the future.

Golden just poked 1-star running back Chippy Mortenson on Facebook. Something to keep an eye on.

Advertisement
Back