New Miami Adidas Ultraboost🔥

The ultra boost that this thread was created for…

Oh, OK, those shoes are still available. I thought you were talking about some of the rare shoes that aren't available.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know this will be an unpopular post, especially around your new neck of the woods, but I've never liked the Grateful Dead. I've been listening to album rock/classic rock since the early 70s, and I just never liked them. As an adult, I've disliked all of that hippy-dippy jam-band nonsense, the Dead, Phish, Dave Matthews Band, you name it.

And I absolutely hate all that crappy merch.

But you and @Rellyrell are absolutely right about all those sellout hippies with money and the retail/resale market.
lot of old dead heads in the north bay. Too boring for me.

Advertisement
Those are two Dames that were never released. Orange ones are Dame 7s, and the green are Dame XTLY or something like that. Bought both on eBay. Someone got their hands on unreleased stock.
If they came without the original box they were likely found at Ross/Burlington. You’d be amazed at what ends up in there lol.

I know this will be an unpopular post, especially around your new neck of the woods, but I've never liked the Grateful Dead. I've been listening to album rock/classic rock since the early 70s, and I just never liked them. As an adult, I've disliked all of that hippy-dippy jam-band nonsense, the Dead, Phish, Dave Matthews Band, you name it.

But you and @Rellyrell are absolutely right about all those sellout hippies with money and the retail/resale market.
Thank you, someone had to say it.

The Dead are just that to me - DEAD.

Advertisement
The Dead are just that to me - DEAD.

Yeah, and obviously anyone can be a fan of anything, so nothing against the people who like the Dead.

But I've tried. I've tried and I've tried. Nobody can make the argument "but just give it a listen, you'll start to like it". I've listened to The Dead (more "against my will" since Touch of Grey) for nearly my entire life, and the music just...isn't good...

And when the primary arguments are "but they're better live" (KISS figured out how to get better sound on studio albums) or "you need to be high when you listen", those are NOT good cases for why their music is any good.

I'm just not impressed by a band that drops acid and turns a tight 3-minute rock-and-roll song into a meandering and pointless 20 minute "jam". Nope. Sorry. Never been impressed. And I wanted to, being a Deadhead seems like it could be fun.

Imagine the good that could have come from a bunch of sellout hippies giving their time and money to a more-deserving and talented band.

Advertisement
Yeah, and obviously anyone can be a fan of anything, so nothing against the people who like the Dead.

But I've tried. I've tried and I've tried. Nobody can make the argument "but just give it a listen, you'll start to like it". I've listened to The Dead (more "against my will" since Touch of Grey) for nearly my entire life, and the music just...isn't good...

And when the primary arguments are "but they're better live" (KISS figured out how to get better sound on studio albums) or "you need to be high when you listen", those are NOT good cases for why their music is any good.

I'm just not impressed by a band that drops acid and turns a tight 3-minute rock-and-roll song into a meandering and pointless 20 minute "jam". Nope. Sorry. Never been impressed. And I wanted to, being a Deadhead seems like it could be fun.

Imagine the good that could have come from a bunch of sellout hippies giving their time and money to a more-deserving and talented band.
Sums up my sentiments nicely. Different strokes for different folks I reckon. This may sound crass and pompous, but I’ve always felt their music is for those that don’t possess a discerning ear.

Pink Floyd's Animals Album had only 5 songs on it....From 17:00 mins....too 1:30 mins. What a masterpiece. Talk about 4 Great LPs in a row.
*Dark Side of the Moon
*Wish you were Here
*Animals
*The Wall

@Rellyrell Resident expert - give me your thoughts on the Airmax flyknit racers? Was eyeing a pair for gym, weekend, all around use.

I love all flyknit shoes. My Metcons are flyknit material.

If im not mistaken, the Racers come a lil big, so I would try on ur true to size, first. But they r great performance shoes & easy on the feet.

Advertisement
Back