New Miami 2018 Fan Jersey in stock at Adidas.com

MotoSniper

Palo Verde All-American
Just passing it along, Adidas just got a new shipment of the 2018 men's green football jersey wit the U on the collar in stock. Of course I bought mine before posting to ensure you SOB's don't tap out the inventory before I got mine :)

Advertisement
The numbers they are selling are weird - a black Cager #18 Jersey and a green Lingard jersey #1. Need one of those black jerseys so I guess I am reppin Cager which is fine as I think he has a big year as the kid is prototype if he can keep his head in the game.

The numbers they are selling are weird - a black Cager #18 Jersey and a green Lingard jersey #1. Need one of those black jerseys so I guess I am reppin Cager which is fine as I think he has a big year as the kid is prototype if he can keep his head in the game.

I went with the green #1 jersey. Weird thing is that the black jersey doesn't have a U on the collar and appears to have different stitching.

I went with the green #1 jersey. Weird thing is that the black jersey doesn't have a U on the collar and appears to have different stitching.
Yeah I noticed that . I have a green jersey with Kaaya's number from 2 years ago so wanted to go with black this time. I have 19 Miami Jerseys now LOL . Most are from the 99-2002 era when Nike pumped out like 5-6 different numbers and colors a year but I try to buy 1 a year .

Due to lawsuits against NCAA they can only sell #1 and the number of the year (#18 for 2018)
Same reason there is no more EA Sports NCAA Football video games...

Advertisement
So that’s how the NCAA gets around paying a stipend to players eh? By only allowing production of #1 jerseys plus the number for the calendar year? That’s just straight up BS

That's not an NCAA rule. Miami decided to make that decision on their own back in 2015. The only jersey numbers available for purchase are #1 and whatever year it is. So #18 this year and #19 next year and so on.

I don't believe Adidas made an official black jersey for 2018 so the replica ones may just be 2017 models with a different number.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That's not an NCAA rule. Miami decided to make that decision on their own back in 2015. The only jersey numbers available for purchase are #1 and whatever year it is. So #18 this year and #19 next year and so on.

Find me an official page that is selling a 2018 edition jersey that isn’t #1 or #18

Brilliant idea. Too bad the NCAA didn’t think of it...

i mean, if they leave it up to the purchaser, i dont see how it would be the university using the likeness of a player anymore than using #1 or #18 would be. at that point, its just up to adidas to have the supply chain in place to handle such a thing. its 2018, how hard can it be to put different numbers on jerseys mass produced?

Advertisement
I would rep Cager any day (if I actually wore jerseys). He bleeds Miami more than the majority of these kids.

Advertisement
Back