• Attention: Register today to view CanesInSight Ad-Free for 7 days.

Off-Topic New Kendrick Lamar album dropping tonight

Zombie-Cane

Junior
Revenge Of The Nerds 80S GIF

RangerGranger

Gnome Sayin'?

Rellyrell

All American
Do you think he can come close to Drake's $400 mil deal with Universal?

Kendrick is different bro. I know Jay Rock’s peoples, I was just on the phone w/ him a couple days ago. He used to be security for Jay Rock, Kendrick, & TDE artist b4 they became big. I stayed around the Nickersons where J Rock & some of my ppls r from, & I used to always hear about this dude named Kendrick. He grew up like 2 minutes where I’m from, but different generation. From all accounts, my guy K beats to his own drum. Family, friends, & HIS music r everything & he’s not one to be commercialized or sold out.

Drake is about the bag, Kdot is about the art & story. If he gets $$ like that, I can’t imagine they wouldn’t want some influence on how he moves. Lbs for Lbs, Kdot is the best & that’s not a West Coast/Bompton bias, that’s based off of pure lyrics, flow, diction. He’ll be a high commodity, but I’m certain he needs to be in control of his authenticity. That’s the tricky part of it; would they pay 9 figures & be completely hands off?

CFLCane

Junior
Premium
Kendrick is different bro. I know Jay Rock’s peoples, I was just on the phone w/ him a couple days ago. He used to be security for Jay Rock, Kendrick, & TDE artist b4 they became big. I stayed around the Nickersons where J Rock & some of my ppls r from, & I used to always hear about this dude named Kendrick. He grew up like 2 minutes where I’m from, but different generation. From all accounts, my guy K beats to his own drum. Family, friends, & HIS music r everything & he’s not one to be commercialized or sold out.

Drake is about the bag, Kdot is about the art & story. If he gets $$ like that, I can’t imagine they wouldn’t want some influence on how he moves. Lbs for Lbs, Kdot is the best & that’s not a West Coast/Bompton bias, that’s based off of pure lyrics, flow, diction. He’ll be a high commodity, but I’m certain he needs to be in control of his authenticity. That’s the tricky part of it; would they pay 9 figures & be completely hands off?
Check out Ray Vaughn and LaRussel

nystateofmind

C'est la vie
Purple Hearts and Auntie Diaries are my favorite songs off the album.

Overall, there are a couple of skips, but it’s great. My favorite piece of work from Kendrick since Good Kid, M.A.A.D City.

8.5/10

Last edited:

Rellyrell

All American
Purple Hearts and Auntie Diaries are my favorite songs off the album.

Overall, there are a couple of skips, but this is great. My favorite piece of work from Kendrick since Good Kid, M.A.A.D City.

8.5/10

Agreed.
-Good Kid, M.A.A.D City is a classic.
-To Pimp a Butterfly was decent
-DAMN was cool, but imo, a little overrated.
-Mr Morale & The Big Steppers is vastly better than his last two projects. I can skip a couple of songs, but overall a really, really solid album. I gave it a 4.3/5 stars.

Also, his Black Panther Soundtrack was fire, too.