New JUCO corner on UM's radar

View as article
Advertisement
D-Jack don't look right...sad for the young man. Football career is over after this season. Unfortunately, hurt his knee at the absolute worst time in his college career.

Is it to late for him to apply for a medical redshirt (or whatever it’s called) for a 6th year?

Would be a great pickup and allow us to move Frierson to FS which I think is his best position moving forward.

CB Williams Ivey Couch
CB Bandy Blades Brownlee
FS Hall Frierson
SS Carter K Smith

Pretty good depth and adding Dent would be awesome.
That's not good depth at safety at all. Hall has barely played this year. Frierson will be in a new role and the other is a freshman which we've seen take a while. They need grad transfer help there badly

DJacks contribution to this team isn’t captured through snap counts or tackles, he is the roomate of Gerald Willis and you know he was chosen because he is going to make sure no incidents occur off the field.

His work in the community has created a ton of good will for Miami in the area and will pay dividends for many years. He’s also just a great individual who we are lucky to have around the team.

I for one hope he somehow can get a medical redshirt, one more year of DJack would be good for this team and potentially give the guy another year to get right and potentially have a shot at the NFL.

Advertisement
DJacks contribution to this team isn’t captured through snap counts or tackles, he is the roomate of Gerald Willis and you know he was chosen because he is going to make sure no incidents occur off the field.

His work in the community has created a ton of good will for Miami in the area and will pay dividends for many years. He’s also just a great individual who we are lucky to have around the team.

I for one hope he somehow can get a medical redshirt, one more year of DJack would be good for this team and potentially give the guy another year to get right and potentially have a shot at the NFL.

All of this ^^^ and the young guys really look up to him. He is a great role model and "big brother" type guy

We lose our 2 starting Safeties and only return Hall, Carter, and the 2-3 freshman we bring in. I think he will definitely be here due to lack of #’s there, hopefully just on teams though. 6 Safeties is ideal, need those guys for teams. JMO.

And I’m counting Derrick Smith as a striker.

Take a Grad Transfer or play a true freshman.

We started 3 freshman LBs together two years ago, our top 2 TEs this year are Freshman.

But we are worried about freshmen backing up Hall and Carter next year?

When did he get hurt? I forgot about him up until yesterday thinking I hadn’t seen him mentioned in awhile

We started 3 freshman LBs together two years ago, our top 2 TEs this year are Freshman.

It depends which freshmen are backing them up.

Advertisement

No one ever said anything about being worried about anything, lol. I was just making a point that we probably will keep Knowles to have 6 safeties (which I think is the ideal number), that's all. And that is 6 safeties IF we sign 2 more on top of K. Smith.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nothing new to report. I don't believe Miami has been in touch with him since they reached out right after he left Wisky back in early September. If Miami does throws their hat in the ring, it will likely be after his season is over/at the last minute.
And that wont work, like it never does. I saw a tweet from Baez about DVD and Rumph saying these 2 local kids stayed home and made the crib great, who's next...While the #1 Juco CB with P5 playing experience who is local and his dad is connected within the football community in South Florida and Miami is doing what it did the first time with him...Sit on their hands. Hope our staff has a plan because we lose Mike Jack, Dean, JJ4, and Redwine might bounce with the season he is having(I hope not).

And that wont work, like it never does. I saw a tweet from Baez about DVD and Rumph saying these 2 local kids stayed home and made the crib great, who's next...While the #1 Juco CB with P5 playing experience who is local and his dad is connected within the football community in South Florida and Miami is doing what it did the first time with him...Sit on their hands. Hope our staff has a plan because we lose Mike Jack, Dean, JJ4, and Redwine might bounce with the season he is having(I hope not).
Redwine is a Senior this year, so he's gone regardless.

Advertisement
Back