New JUCO corner on UM's radar

View as article
Yeah, the last 2 were grad xfers (Colbert and the punter).

I agree that Dean hasn't done a whole lot yet and the JUCOs that Golden brought in were only decent (of course the defensive scheme didn't help out a lot).

It comes down to the evaluations. How good is our staff at them?

Don't know - except for Dugans and Brown - but they aren't going to have to go to the JUCO or grad xfer market because they're getting it done with HS kids and keeping the cupboard loaded at RB and WR.

Call me a bit skeptical (not totally) but I think the JUCO market is down in recent years. Didn't Colbert come from Texas (not JUCO)? The top JUCO QB last year got beat out by Annexstad in Minnesota - (Sitkowski's backup at IMG). He ended up going back to JUCO and becoming a TE. All in about 2-3 months. Vic Viramontes was his name. Miami's juco transfers as of late have not done a whole lot for me aside from adding some depth. (See Dean).

Advertisement
- I think whats missed is he is not a "true" juco kid. He is a kick back that is only at juco level because he transferred late
- He really didn't leave Wisky because he got "beat out". He still was listed 2nd on depth chart. Which was the nickel spot, and is really leaving for another reason. (off the field)

Wisconsin recruits or develops solid dbs probably better than we do currently actually. I'll take him for depth purposes.

Miami wanted him out of St Thomas but was told he had to grow an inch. His dad is the GM for SFE 7v7, and yes he left for more than just playing. There were 2-3 others that left right when he did too.

I doubt that happens. This isn't like the tyreic martin or barf milo situation. Knowles actually(unfortunately) plays on the field so i doubt he will be shown the door. Believe me i hope he is shown the door

Knowles played 2 defensive snaps vs fsu. He is a RS JR

He will not be here next year

Advertisement

Knowles played 2 defensive snaps vs fsu. He is a RS JR

He will not be here next year

We lose our 2 starting Safeties and only return Hall, Carter, and the 2-3 freshman we bring in. I think he will definitely be here due to lack of #’s there, hopefully just on teams though. 6 Safeties is ideal, need those guys for teams. JMO.

And I’m counting Derrick Smith as a striker.

We lose our 2 starting Safeties and only return Hall, Carter, and the 2-3 freshman we bring in. I think he will definitely be here due to lack of #’s there, hopefully just on teams though. 6 Safeties is ideal, need those guys for teams. JMO.

Agreed, get your depth right on the d line and at db

Advertisement

Because we have missed on other targets, he will be on the team as you stated above. Due to lack of depth, we can’t cut him.

It feels like he's on the field so much more because something bad always happens when he's there. He ****ed up on the PR TD of course.

Yearly tradition. When Bobby "Tranquilo" Knowles ***** up and it results in an f$u TD, Canes win 100% of the time.

Agree and why aren't top safeties fighting each other to come here the way 22 and 4 have been playing this season.

Advertisement
Can't believe D-Jack didn't play one snap.

D-Jack don't look right...sad for the young man. Football career is over after this season. Unfortunately, hurt his knee at the absolute worst time in his college career.

Advertisement
D-Jack don't look right...sad for the young man. Football career is over after this season. Unfortunately, hurt his knee at the absolute worst time in his college career.

He was truly balling b4 the injury too. No homerism over, dude had a legit chance at the NFL. Now he looks like an old man playing out there, but he’s up there in my book for all time Canes players just based upon his off field work alone

He was truly balling b4 the injury too. No homerism over, dude had a legit chance at the NFL. Now he looks like an old man playing out there, but he’s up there in my book for all time Canes players just based upon his off field work alone

Totally agree...kid needs to get on an internship in DC with the Black Caucus...he has a future in politics for sure. He will do great things

Advertisement
Back