New jersey numbers

I mean if there isn't a rule in place or the number is available then yes...And I'd probably say that the next season any schools player that wants that number (no matter who wore it) should get it...(unless maybe if that walk-on has busted his *** for multiple years, and plays a big part of the team and it's goals) But not my point

My point is what are you going to do now...Look at someone and say this kid is ranked 95th in the nation and this kid is ranked 198th...Oops...247's higher ranking gets the number? Or **** since you went down to walk-up status...Let's just say noone took a number and some kid, a 3 star (whether or not the coaches think they have a steal of a lifetime, and the coaches don't give two shyts about a ranking) wants the number. You are saying this kid shouldn't get it because he wasn't that highly ranked?

This is insanity...And I don't believe a coach living would/should subscribe to it.

As a side note many on this board were very, very high on Markeith Williams.

I'm going keep it real bro I just watched Coach Addae's interview. He said Markeith has the one of the highest upsides of any Safety he has coached.

I'm going trust the experts in this.
Edited

He cold. He is definitely a Ballhawk.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I'm going keep it real bro I just watched Coach Addae's interview. He said Markeith has the one of the highest upsides of any Safety he has coached.

I'm going trust the experts in this.
Edited

He cold. He is definitely a Ballhawk.

Ya I really liked him...And I don't trust a word Addae or any coach says in interviews. What do you think he's going to say to start the kid's career?

But regardless my point stands regarding jersey numbers

I think those old enough to see the dominance of our players from the 80’s and 90’s are less likely to want the #26 retired. ST26, Russell Maryland, Ed Reed, Gino, Barrow, Cortez Kennedy, Ray Lewis, and Edge were my favorites to watch. I don’t think any of their numbers should be retired. There are 20 other guys I didn’t even mention that are in the same category. What happened to Sean was tragic, but retiring his jersey isn’t the only way to pay your respects.

This "No one can wear 26" crap has to end. If no one can wear 26, then no one can wear 20 and 36. What about 98, 5, and 47? If we played this game, half of the numbers in rotation would be retired. Making it a badge of honor is fine, retiring numbers at this point is insane.
It's such an American thing.

I could never imagine Manchester United retiring #7 - Best, Cantona, Beckham, Ronaldo etc have all worn that.

At the end of the day it's just a number.

Advertisement
I think it may have been Relly who said this but I am for earning those iconic numbers with the initials of the legends who wore them. I say if either of the Williams bros show out this year, let one of them have #26. If a DL is unblockable and dominant give him #98 or #96, and so on and so forth.

Colbie is wearing the 88. I remember another tall WR that wore that very same number back in the day. He was pretty good, too. He had this habit of doing backflips whenever he scored a TD.

Advertisement
Colbie is wearing the 88. I remember another tall WR that wore that very same number back in the day. He was pretty good, too. He had this habit of doing backflips whenever he scored a TD.
Horace Copeland. Will never forget the 99 yard TD vs Arky in '91. Dude had size and a was a long strider.

Advertisement
I saw that Thomas Davis was still listed at DE on the new roster. If I recall multiple people said he was moving to LB. Can anyone provide insight as to what happened?

I saw that Thomas Davis was still listed at DE on the new roster. If I recall multiple people said he was moving to LB. Can anyone provide insight as to what happened?
What happened is they pay no attention to the height/weight/position on those rosters. It’s for name and number only. Everything else should be disregarded.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back