Highlights New Football Facility and Parking Garage before Gables Council 12/9

So if this is where the coaches offices are moving what happens to the offices and weight room that are in Soffer?

Weight room stays. Don't worry about the offices. Have you walked through the Hecht lately? They have people doubled and tripled up in offices.

Advertisement
The video breakdown they did was very good. Mario’s recruiting prowess really is evident in the planning - those Fall visits with families on the roof overlooking Gables and downtown in the distance will be great.

Advertisement
When this is constructed and the football teams switches buildings, do we know what becomes of the old space?

Advertisement
So what is the TL now moving forward?

Groundbreaking should happen within a couple of months. I'd love to see it timed to Homecoming, which is a bit over two months from now.

Per a UM administrator, the Phase 1 dorms are nearly done, then Stanford will be torn down and the Phase 2 dorms will be open by Fall 2026. So from now until Phase 2 finishes, that is a 3-year window of construction in which the parking garage is absolutely needed. I would imagine that based on the existing timeline of Phase 1 (approximately 1 to 1.5 years) that you could see the new building ready by early 2025 to summer 2025, and Phase 2 by 2026.

1692285317182.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Any updates here? We have to be close to breaking ground, no?

Per Dan's comments on the Lamar Thomas Show, he has two more months to get shovels in the ground. He made a comment about UM putting up walls, and such, I would imagine that they are creating some separation between the new dorms (almost done, but not to be occupied for 10 more months) and the parking lot where everything will be built.

Plus creating a new pathway for everyone to get into the Wellness Center during construction. I'd imagine one or both of the current bridges in that area will be shut down for the next year.

Per Dan's comments on the Lamar Thomas Show, he has two more months to get shovels in the ground. He made a comment about UM putting up walls, and such, I would imagine that they are creating some separation between the new dorms (almost done, but not to be occupied for 10 more months) and the parking lot where everything will be built.

Plus creating a new pathway for everyone to get into the Wellness Center during construction. I'd imagine one or both of the current bridges in that area will be shut down for the next year.
i dont think they've set anything up yet, id hazard a guess they'll start site prep during the break

Advertisement
Back