New "End of the Year" award category

Advertisement
200w.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
So we’d have a Niche Poster Award as OP described and put in his tagline and the candidates would be Slick @TRick72 , Thuggalicious @Dr.L.ThugU , @blessingstwoyou who has 1 post in 11 years but is always there when you need him and guns-n-butter hobbyist @crossover22[]_[] - Did we get them all?
What kind of tutti fruity participation trophy booshizzle mynizzle we got goin' on here?

What's next, "CIS 2023 Account Logon of the Year"?

Advertisement
So I understand this, you want us to have an End of Year Award for a category named after your tagline - “Niche Poster” - is that correct???

And the “Niche Poster” is someone who does unheralded mundane things like responds to our polls and gives emojis or adds something surreptitiously funny at the optimum moments in time when a thread can wane and flounder like @TRick72 does… or they can be a constant continuum that keeps the intangible flow of threads going and lets posters know how they’re faring in their postings - like @blessingstwoyou does while only having one post - is this the gist of it???
Yes, exactly!

Advertisement
I guess this award category ended up like NM State's basketball season. I was looking forward for a way to commend SCANE for the super job in the Baseball Forum he does, and my favorite non-poster poster BLESSINGSTWOYOU! (ok, he did have one post, and it was quite a good one, for Cribby's mom.)

Okay, so there are categories of every type of poster on CIS for the End of the Year awards. The "X's and O's" poster - the recruiting poster - the "insider" poster - the angry poster - the happy poster - the poster that wipes from back to front - the poster that wipes front to back. You get the idea! I propose adding a new category - The Niche Poster. Those posters who know what each thread needs at any given time and deliver. The niche poster does not do video breakdowns of blown coverage after the game - we say thank you and good job when someone else does it. We don't spend hours breaking down a 17 year old from Glendale's fast-twitch muscle ability - we say thank and good job when someone else does it! The niche poster can be funny, angry, or happy - we cover the full emotional gambit on CIS. The niche poster takes your polls. The niche poster leaves emojis on your posts. We are the glue that hold CIS together, and it's time we get some recognition for our time in the trenches!
Hmmm.....I go to local high school games in my Hurricane regalia and talk to potential recruits and their coaches, I knew the team dentist and filmed Deerfield games when I lived in So. FL., I get upset not angry when our teams do stupid stuff like dancing when we are losing. I am Happy to be alive. I only wipe front to back but my best friend was taught by his mother and wipes back to front. I know most threads are unnecessary and only comment in the good ones (some just don't make any sense). I never break down film because I don't know how. but I comment on Roman's posts and find them entertaining only. I do respond to decent polls. Emoji's? :hh9beelfgeoezuwg.jpg: :shocked::notworking::haha-smiley::stormwarningflag-sm::neonu: I am glue since I've been here since Grassy started this link. I also am sure there are more qualified contestants but really rarely check the names of posters so have no idea who qualifies.

Advertisement
Back